Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Peter Falk 85th

RMeingast

Today would have been actor Peter Falk's 85th birthday.

Mr. Falk passed away last year...

German magazine "Der Spiegel" posted an online tribute to honour what would have been Falk's 85th by featuring a clip from Wim Wenders 1987 flick "Der Himmel über Berlin":

In the scene above, an angel played by Bruno Ganz, meets Mr. Falk's character (he's playing himself, actor Peter Falk).

Falk's character was previously an angel, like Ganz.

Now Falk's character is human and he can't see Ganz, but senses the angel's presence.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Falk!

Some other TV channels have been showing "The Princess Bride," another fine film featuring Mr. Falk...

P.S. As an aside, I see AMC is going to be having a "Don Knotts Night" of a few of that actor's films on September 19? Wonder what's up with that?

Edited by: RMeingast on Sep 16, 2012 11:55 AM

TCM should do SOMETHING for Falk. Although mostly known by some to do mainly character roles, or the lead in some "small" comedies, he was a blast to watch. Plus, TOO many only know him as COLUMBO, and know little else if anything about his full body of work.

Happy birthday, Pete!

Sepiatone

I'm a big fan of Peter Falk. I enjoyed everything he did. I really enjoyed him as Detective Columbo. Some of the movie roles I really enjoyed him in was Jack Lemmon's sidekick in "The Great Race", Frank Sinatra's opposition in "Robin And The 7 Hoods", and his academy award nominated (he should have won) role as Glen Ford's right hand man in "Pocketful Of Miracles". Those are just 3. I'd have to list his entire filmography to include all the roles I enjoyed him in.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings