Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
njprecode

Safe In Hell

They have the trailer for Safe In Hell on the TCM site, would love to see the movie! Interesting and rare pre-code starring Dorothy Mackaill.

Hi, Feaito:

I love this movie. I've seen three Dorothy Mackail movies: "Kept Husbands," "No Man of Her Own," and this film. This last film was directed by maverick director Wild Bill Wellmann.

Talk about a fun place to vacation. Dorothy gets more than she bargained for traveling to this charming place.

Hey, Fernando, wouldn't you like to see some of those guys and gals on "Survivor" try and survive on this Island.

In later years, Dorothy made guest appearances on television show "Hawaii 50." She also appeared on the "This Is Your Life Episode" that saluted Joel McCrea.

Dorothy and Joel dated each other awhile and called each other Softy. They made two films together: "Kept Husbands" and Once a Sinner." Unfortunately, I have only seen the former film.

Dorothy appeared on the "This Is Your Life" special just before Frances Dee came on. I don't think I told Susan this story. I'll post that story in "Frances Dee" thread.

Take care. Dorothy definitely was a peach.

Deborah

Debbie,

I've only seen her in "Kept Husbands" and "No Man of Her Own". I would love to see her in "Safe in Hell", because of what I read on the Citadel Press Book "More Films of the 30s".

In fact, I would like to see some of her Silents, while she was a star in First National Pictures, like "Joanna" (1925), in which Dolores del R?o made her d?but.

Debbie, I can't stand "Reality Shows", IMHO they "distort" reality. They're very "trendy" and popular in my country too.

Take Care.

Fernando

Hi:

I am new to this. I fell in love with Dorothy Mackaill after I copied "Safe in Hell" from TCM. I now have several of her movies (talking and silent). Can anyone tell me where I can get more of her talkies???

I have been after TCM to show "The Reckless Hour" and the Office Wife" for a long time and they've just ignored me.

These had Joan Blondell in them and are supposed to be very good. Request these movies and maybe they'll listen to you.

I got a copy of "Love Affair" with Bogart (1932) from eBay. Nothing new since.

Vic