Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Claudette Colbert as SOTM

don96

I don't believe that Claudette Colbert has ever been SOTO. She had a long leading lady career-beginning in the late 1920's--right up to the 1960's. She won an Academy Award. She made most of her films at Paramount--and a lot of her early films may be unavailable--but if anyone could manage to show some of them, probably TCM could.

I think Colbert is an excellent choice. Better than K. Hepburn [ for the upteenth time, and yes I do like her, but come on....] or a couple of others that have not only been SOTM more than once but also have had a SUTS day and ALWAYS have birthday salutes to them [ no names, please ] Colbert could do comedy, dramas, costume epics, etc; and she was sexy as hell. If you don't believe me, check out " It Happened One Night " hitchhiking scene or " Cleopatra ". I only wish TCM would have scheduled "Sign of the Cross". Hubba-hubba !!!

I agree with Finance on Colbert. To me she is just not sexy in the vast majority of her roles. A lot of that has to do with her hairstyles (e.g. in Cleopatra with 'natural' hair she looks nice).

I think she is a great actress and is very versatile. I enjoy her in many movies but I don't see much sexiness in her. But yes, Colbert as SOTM would be great.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings