Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Anyone Know The Title?

robin998s

Hello, I'm trying to find out the name of a movie a saw many years ago. Basically, it's about a stripper who stumbles onto the property of a widowed preacher man raising his young kids all by himself. The preacher eventually falls in love with the stripper, and eventually they build a church together ,all the while the townspeople are full of gossip and dissatisfaction about their relationship. The stripper has a heart of gold and the preacher sees this in her. Can anyone help me in finding out this movie title. I know I'm not crazy.

I don't remember the preacher having lots of land-but it could be. I sorta remember a bear chasing the stripper through the woods. it was a western i think. the kids either made fun of her or she was tomboyish..i wish i could remember more. i just have glimpses of the movie in my memory.

This probably isn't right because some of the facts don't quite match but I immediately thought of COUNT THREE AND PRAY with Van Heflin and Joanne Woodward. In that one Heflin plays a preacher with a shady past who comes to town to build a church and winds up living with a tomboy teen while he tries to raise his church.

> {quote:title=ginnyfan wrote:}{quote}

>

> This probably isn't right because some of the facts don't quite match but I immediately thought of COUNT THREE AND PRAY with Van Heflin and Joanne Woodward. In that one Heflin plays a preacher with a shady past who comes to town to build a church and winds up living with a tomboy teen while he tries to raise his church.

You may be on to something. A few years later, Joanne Woodward played THE STRIPPER, so maybe in that way that time affects memories, the OP was mixing up little synapse blips. ;)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! After reading the synopsis of the movie, I'm sure it was the film "TAKE ME TO TOWN". I read that it is not avaiable on DVD or VHS...geez-now what do I do? I want to see it again so badly! Thank You again..I've agonized over this movie title for years. Now, I have the title, and that's a start.

Try eBay. I've found a couple of titles I looked a long time for. No guarantee on quality, but if the movie means that much to you, and the PRICE is right, you might not care.

I get that confusion sometimes when I remember bits and pieces of a movie that I liked but haven't seen in a real long time. I often recall a scene that left an impression on me that's completely different than my memory kept it when I finally see it again. If my brain was a PC(which it sort of is), I'd have to take it to a tech.

People should come with replaceable memory cards...

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings