Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM now blocking its' signal from recording on Time Warner Cable ???????

boss1968

Update (from another thread) :

Okay, I had a techie from Time Warner Cable finally come over to find out why TCM is being blocked from recording/taping on my DVD recorder. He could not solve the problem, and called his supervisor. The supervisor promptly told him that ever since TCM switched its' signal, this past August, from SD to HD, that channel is now blocking all taping. He said it is TCM that has chosen to block the signal, not Time Warner.

So, is this true ? Is TCM really now blocking its' signal from recording on Time Warner Cable ? I know it seems to still work on Dish, Fios, and DirectTV, from what I have read on the boards, but why is it being blocked on TWC ?

Anyone else know or can confirm this ?

All I know is that now I can't tape anything off TCM ! NOTHING ! This is absolutely awful...........

I have COX cable and nothing is blocked from recording here. I also have HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz, and Encore. None are blocked. Years ago I had Century Link's PRISM and they had HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore blocked. I was able to record Showtime, The Movie Channel, Fox Movie Channel and TCM. Then they added Showtime and The Movie Channel to the block list, but I was still able to record Fox Movie Channel and TCM. Then they blocked Fox Movie Channel and I called them to complain and they told me the channels are doing the blocking not Century Link. I called them liars and told them I knew better and cancelled and got COX cable where nothing is blocked. So don't listen to those dummies that try and tell you it isn't them. It is there doing.

This problem comes up sporadically but here's a link to a thread from 2009 when a poster had a similar problem recording from AT&T U-Verse.

It's likely not TCM that is blocking the signal because why would they only block TW Cable customers?

Back in 2009, FredCDobbs suggested shutting the DVR off for five minutes and then rebooting it.

I don't know if that fixed the problem (it has in the past) but here's the link to the lengthy thread. Hopefully, there's a solution in there for you:

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=150158&tstart=0&messageID=8333220#8333220

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}Back in 2009, FredCDobbs suggested shutting the DVR off for five minutes and then rebooting it.

This reminds me of something the Comcast techies suggested, and I've used more than once. Don't just shut it off. Shut it off, PULL THE PLUG, and wait five minutes. Don't really know why it makes a difference, but sometimes it does.{font}

I don't have DVR, I am referring to recording using my DVD recorder. I have never had a problem recording TCM until this August, when they changed their picture screen and format (see my post about 'black bars on the screen' elsewhere on here). Before this happened, TCM was recording fine on my DVD recorder. So the change in TCM's signal does appear to be part, if not all, of the problem..................Either way, this really stinks......................

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings