Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Jazz Song

bobbyd1175

• 8 years later...
10 hours ago, laffite said:

Who remembers that smooth song about the silver lining they used to play on TCM. By a guy who could also play a pretty decent trumpet. Anyone?

I remember it. It was replaced with the morning train piece with the music that sounded like something from the 80s and 90s Roseanne TV series. It only lasted about three years and was replaced with the pop-up book intro. Which has been around since about 2010. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, laffite said:

Who remembers that smooth song about the silver lining they used to play on TCM. By a guy who could also play a pretty decent trumpet. Anyone?

I remember it well and wish TCM were still using it -- "Look for the Silver Lining."   One of Jerome Kern's best melodies, performed a great singer/trumpeter, Chet Baker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BingFan said:

I remember it well and wish TCM were still using it -- "Look for the Silver Lining."   One of Jerome Kern's best melodies, performed a great singer/trumpeter, Chet Baker.

Fine very old tune (1919) song that with moving lyrics,  a fine melodies and in the right hands can really swing due to a very "modern" harmonic structure (for a pre-30s tune).

Baker did multiple versions of the song, some were he sings and some not.  Here is an instrumental version.    

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings