Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROY ROGERS on TCM today

TopBilled

This is news, because I love Roy Rogers and none of his films have aired since the singing cowboys salute in June 2011 (and then they just played four of his pictures, mostly ones costarring Dale Evans).

What makes this event more of a treat is that one of the two titles featured today has Jane Frazee, who was one of the more versatile musical stars during the 1940s. So make sure you check out ON THE OLD SPANISH TRAIL.

oldspanish.jpg

Another development related to this is that Encore Westerns, which airs all of Gene Autry's pictures and seldom shows Roy Rogers will air a few Rogers oaters in late October.

Maybe there is renewed interest in Roy Rogers' career? One can certainly hope so! Thanks, TCM.

I think maybe only one or two of his pictures have been restored too some extent. Many of them have as much as ten or twenty minutes missing from the films. When Roy and Dale had their television show,the movies were cut to fit the showtime and the interviews they had.

All of Hopalong Cassidy and Gene Autry movies were hunted down and remastered. Maybe someday for roy we can hope.

If you can find old vhs tapes at your library,the oldest late 30's early 40's of Roys movies are correct length.

Maybe Republic Pictures are sitting the prints. I am sure they need major work.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings