Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic SciFi movie title?

slappy3500

I remember this one from childhood. The premise was that "invaders from space" had taken over Earth and several people who were clueless as to what had happened were wandering around a deserted city and ran into each other, finally forming a group of 5 or 6. The only other detail I can remember is that none of the cars would run. The aliens had removed a part from all the engines. (distributor?)I remember a '55 Pontiac so it isn't any earlier that that. I thank you in advance for any help.

I think this movie is coming on TCM pretty soon. They do show it from time to time but I think I saw it on the schedule for June or something. Anyway I think it comes on when they're showing a bunch of sci-fi.

in the one with the hitchhiker following her car cross country.

Jack Weston, was in the one where the monsters were on Maple Street. What would be cool would be if Inger drove her car into that street, and then all heck would break loose.

I'd also put Earl Holliman in it, and have him running into that city yelling out "Is anybody here...is anybody here?"

It's fun to mix up all the Twilight Zone episodes, doncha think?

Perhaps you're thinking of the 1954 Allied Artist film "Target Earth "starring Richard Denning, Kathleen Crowley,Virginia Grey and Richard Reeves. I haven't seen this in at least 20 years, but I seems to ring a bell. As I recall there were alien robots running around too.

Thanks Fuster but Mark has it. Thank you sir. I only saw it once but the IDMB data base reviews confirm for me that the first half was pretty doggone good but that it deteriorated once you saw how "klunky" the robots looked. I sure would like to see it again, but my chances of finding it are probably zilch. All the rental outlets around here only carry 6 million copies of each of the latest dreck releases.The Blockbuster nearest me even insists on wasting valuable shelf space on soda, popcorn, chips ect. even though there is a 7-11 next door that sells this stuff cheaper. When I pointed out the idiocy of this to the manager and the fact that a small selection of films(about HALF the titles Blockbuster used to carry) gives me almost no reason to come in at all, he stated "corperate policy." Which is why, I guess K-Marts in Arizona sell SNOW tires!

Slappy: Glad I could help you find it. If you want to buy it, I saw it listed on both Amazon & deepdiscountdvd.com for about $14. Now that you've got me thinking about it, I may just get it myself. It has sentimental value to me. When I was in my teens, which is more years ago than I'll admit, I upgraded from collecting movies on 8mm film to collecting them on 16mm. This was the first 16mm feature I bought. I can't recall why I picked "Target Earth" except in those days there wasn't much available. I kept it for years, but eventually sold off it off and haven't seen it since. Thanks for giving me a fond memory or my early collecting days.

Yeah Slappy--Join one of the on line rental clubs if you have a DVD. It's so simple but you must have a major credit card because that's where the fees are billed. Even the Walmart DVD club has old movies and silents. However, I'm thinking about changing to Netflix. But what could be easier than going on line, ordering the movie, getting in the mailbox and then putting it back in the mail. I've gotten to see a lot of classics that TCM just doesn't have.

Archived