Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Dream Of Kings Question

sfpcc1

Even though TCM showed A Dream Of Kings a month ago I just got around to watching it this morning on my DVR. I got a question. There is a scene where Anthony Quinn's character and his family are at church. During the sermon the pastor, (I'm not sure of the proper name of a Greek Orthodox priest) is railing against life insurance. I've never heard a religious leader of any type speak put against that. Has anyone out there have?

That surprised me as well. I haven't heard that sort of rant, but I was a Presbyterian, at least until I went to college and became an atheist. Perhaps there is someone familiar with the Greek Orthodox faith here, who could tell us if that is unusual, or not. I did like the film. Not great, but well worth for a Quinn fan, which I am. I had never heard of the film before.

I hope someone can answer the question about life insurance. It's very surprising in the film. My reactions to the film were like yours, Val. I'd never heard of it and I liked it. Daniel Mann considered this his favorite of all the films he directed. Sam Levene and Irene Papas have great scenes with Anthony Quinn.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings