Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misswonderly3

How long are the Zombies going to be eating that page?

Just wondered...there seem to be almost as many glitches and slowdowns and Zombies as ever.

It's hard to believe that the powers that be at this here TCM website can't come up with a solution to the problems and gremlins ( or Zombies) that plague it.

Ok, "plague" is a pretty strong word for a situation that's more an inconvenience than a concern. Let's face it, if this is the most serious issue we have to deal with every day, we're in a fairly good place.

Still, when are those page-ravaging Zombies going to settle down?

Zombies are ravenous by nature, always starving, no matter how much they eat. So, they'll keep eating, until TCM decides to shoot them all in the head. If TCM has a Zombie posse, it seems to have run out of bullets... :)

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}Just wondered...there seem to be almost as many glitches and slowdowns and Zombies as ever.

>

> It's hard to believe that the powers that be at this here TCM website can't come up with a solution to the problems and gremlins ( or Zombies) that plague it.

> Ok, "plague" is a pretty strong word for a situation that's more an inconvenience than a concern.

>

"Plague" is an appropriate word. :D

hm_potz_ukq_wh.jpg

I figure maybe they're here til Hallowe'en. Shireley by then they'lll have moved on and this site can go back to normal.

Actually, I just thought of something...perhaps the Zombies are running the entire website. It's a Zombie plot of grave proportions.

Best "love comic" I've ever seen.

I see the Zombies are still in control...as I conjectured, maybe they'll be around till after Hallowe'en.

( "Seriously", does anyone know what's up with all that? Or will I have to Walk with a Zombie to find out?)

I grew up reading those EC comics (talies from the crypt/vault of horror/haunt of fear,etc). I love the art work of those comics.

I also enjoyed reading mad magazine. I quit buying the magazine last year because it's gotten too terrible.

I picked up my first issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland when I was 7 years old. My brother had two issues from Sept. '78 on his nightstand. I've been hooked since.

Zombies can't eat salt. in anthropologist Alfred Metraux' seminal book, *Voodoo in Haiti*, one of my favorite books in college, Metraux reports: "If imprudently they are given a plate which contains even a grain of salt the fog which cloaks their minds instantly clears away and they become conscious of their terrible servitude. Realization rouses in them a vast rage and an ungovernable desire for vengeance. They hurl themselves on their master, kill him, destroy his property and then go in search of their tombs."

Or, to put it in film terms, as Samantha says to Jeff in *King of the Zombies*, "If a zombie eats salt, he dries up and gets dead again."

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}

> Or, to put it in film terms, as Samantha says to Jeff in *King of the Zombies*, "If a zombie eats salt, he dries up and gets dead again."

The zombie episode they did on the tv series *Kolchak: The Night Stalker* has Carl Kolchak performing a ritual to destroy the zombie, which involves Kolchak filling the zombie's mouth with salt and having to sew the lips shut.

Kolchak_Zombie.jpg

In the threads which address TCM hosts, etc., I generally come down on the side of not wanting too much chat -- from Robert O., or Ben, or anyone (a little goes a long way). But I think it would be interesting to show a bunch of zombie films and have a scholar discuss the the concept of zombies in folklore/tradition, particularly in Haiti, and how the films reflect that. It's a fascinating subject which has a body of scholarship to turn to (Metraux' book et. al.) as well as sensationalist literature, including Seabrook's The Magic Island, an early work which helped introduce the concept into the American consciousness.

Well, it be over 2 weeks since I started this thread, and them Zombies are still chomping away. The Zombies have taken over the asylum,or the mausoleum, or something.

And at the time I created the thread, it had already been weeks and weeks of Zombie gluttony. All summer long, maybe.

TCM officials, since we know that sometimes you do read these boards, do you have any explanation as to the excessive duration of this coup from the undead?

Edited by: misswonderly on Oct 8, 2012 4:23 PM

It is thought perhaps that it is better to feed them at a single source so as to prevent them from scattering. They might spread widely in search of food if TCM did not act to contain them in this manner.

It is comforting to know that the CDC has prepared contingencies for them. Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse can be seen at:

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Ok, Ok, enough is enough.Hallowe'en is long over, so you TCM tech guys can no longer claim that as an excuse.

Why are the Zombies continually eating the pages here?

Seriously TCM website tech guys, why can't you fix this glitch? ( warning: a whine is about to follow)

How come Michael the Mod(erator) has directly responded to many posters' queries on these forums, but never this one? Michael, baby, even if you just said "Sorry, ain't nuthin' we can do about it", it would be a response. But then again, maybe the Zombies won't let you reveal anything about their master plan, even it there's nothing to reveal.

Anyone else bothered by the un-ending undead siege here?

What I've learned about zombies is from the movies . . . where they eat rather ravenously (aka quickly). . . So by that measure, by now they'd have licked the plates and moved on to storm the shelter of new, warm victims.

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}What I've learned about zombies is from the movies . . . where they eat rather ravenously (aka quickly). . . So by that measure, by now they'd have licked the plates and moved on to storm the shelter of new, warm victims.

They're in search of fresh meat. :^0

Well, misswonderly, it appears that the zombies have eaten their final meal. They have vanished from our midst but the problem itself hasn't been solved. A certain wayward vagabond has replaced our flesh eating zombie and this itinerant has an uncannny resemblance to Charles Chaplin. ;)

Exactly. It was especially valuable to those who play "Games and trivia". I would look to see if there were g&t people who were on the boards to determine if it was worth hanging around to get possible responses to my questions.