Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

enjoying The Lusty Men with Mitchum/Hayward

classiccinemafan

Greetings, classiccinemafan !

Like you, I enjoy just about anything Mitch was in. He's one of my favourite actors too. There's just something so arresting about that tall physique along with that handsome, inscrutable face. Maybe it's the way his eyes can register passion ( Robert Mitchum -style, kind of sleepy, but it's there), disappointment, contempt, and -a most typical Mitchum emotion - resignation.

Not all at the same time, of course :0 . But whatever feeling is required of him, he all the while maintainins a kind of stillness.

That kind of resignation that was part of his image works very well in a film like *The Lusty Men*.

I also enjoy Susan Hayward's and Arthur Kennedy's performances. ( Anyone else think Kennedy looks a little like a younger, poor man's version of Van Helfin? Just askin'....)

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote} Maybe it's the way his eyes can register passion ( Robert Mitchum -style, kind of sleepy, but it's there), disappointment, contempt, and -a most typical Mitchum emotion - resignation.

> Not all at the same time, of course :0 . But whatever feeling is required of him, he all the while maintains a kind of stillness.

>

You know I think I've seen him do all those emotions at once before, I just can't remember when, at the moment... ;)

classiccinemafan, I'm a big fan of Mitchum too, especially his noir stuff, including his noir westerns, like *Pursued*, and *Blood on the Moon*.

You must have an amazing memory - remembering your password, when you signed up in '07!

Big fan of Mitchum, especially his early films like:

"Angel Face" 1952

"The Racket" 1951

"Rachel and the Stranger" 1948

"Crossfire" 1947

"The Story of G.I. Joe" 1945 {His only Academy award nomination}

Mitchum still has one of the great film noir lines from "Out of the Past"

Kathie {Jean Greer}-"Oh,Jeff, I don't want to die"

Jeff {Mitchum}- "Neither do I, baby. But if I have to, I gonne die last"

I still have my LP album "Robert Mitchum sings Calypso"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings