Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: THEN AND NOW

casablancalover2

Wow, char, you can really tell when people have had cosmetic surgery. I truly don't know why they think it makes them look better. It certainly doesn't make them look younger, in my opinion.

Makes 'em look strange.

( I'm referring to the first person pictured. the second lady looks relatively normal.)

Edited by: misswonderly on Sep 26, 2012 9:38 PM

Yep, I remember The Captain and Tennille. Wish I could forget. In hindsight,

I suppose they weren't quite that sappy, but they came pretty darn close. And

what's with a song called Muskrat Love? One of the most puke worthy titles

in pop music.

Mary Ann, all the way, so to speak. You know all the cliches: cute, friendly,

thrifty, the girl next door type. Still she was sweet. Ginger was too much

Hollywood, and frankly I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her make-up

case. And didn't Dawn Wells get busted for pot some years back? That certain-

ly doesn't hurt her case. You go girl.

The Professor really could have made out. Smart, pretty good looking, maybe a

little on the serious side, but compared to the Skipper and Gilligan, he looks like

a real winner.

> {quote:title=Bildwasser wrote:

> }{quote}Yep, I remember The Captain and Tennille. Wish I could forget. In hindsight,

> I suppose they weren't quite that sappy, but they came pretty darn close. And

> what's with a song called Muskrat Love? One of the most puke worthy titles

> in pop music.

>

I agree! I could't (and still can't) stand their stuff.

But regarding the song "Muskrat Love" we can't blame them for writing it, although they're certainly guilty of recording it!

It was done earlier (in 1973) by the group America (of "Horse with No Name" fame) but recorded first by the song's writer, Texan singer-songwriter Willis Alan Ramsey (on Leon Russell's Shelter label) in 1971. And his original version was entitled "Muskrat Candlelight".

It was released on a single in 1972 but was not a hit.

Those versions are at least tolerable, and probably can be found on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out.

Some of those "Then and Now" comparisons ARE a bit shocking. I can't do it. Haven't the moxie. But others here might try. Check out Carol Burnett and Kenny Rogers. Joan Rivers and Cher. Elton John and Keith Richards.

Then again, there's Daniel Day-Lewis, whose "Then and Now" photos probably look much the same, that ****!

Sepiatone

I didn't realize Muskrat Love had such a detailed history. Since the title and their

easy listening mush style were a turnoff, I never wanted to know anything more

about it. I've always enjoyed the joke about America being called 'the group with no

Neil.'

At first I thought Tina looked so bad because this was a candid shot without any

makeup or hair styling, but there's a picture of her at some Oscar related function

and she still doesn't look very good. Of course she is in her late seventies.

> {quote:title=Bildwasser wrote:}{quote}Yep, I remember The Captain and Tennille. Wish I could forget. In hindsight,

> I suppose they weren't quite that sappy, but they came pretty darn close. And

> what's with a song called Muskrat Love? One of the most puke worthy titles

> in pop music.

I like the song...but a story I heard years ago was when the two of them did a command performance for Queen Elizabeth, and that was one of the tunes they did. Queen Liz was reported to have commented "Most distasteful" about it.

thanks for all the kind comments.

Yeah, mw, Tina Louise is a one stop tour about hazards of cosmetic surgery. You see her and maybe that sagging jawline could be tolerated a little more.

Toni I posted with nose held.. I thought Muskrat Love the low point of the 1970s, and that decade had plenty of low points!

Anyway, ready for some more?

*Ladies and Gentlemen, Daisy Duke, the Dukes of Hazard.. at age 58.*

2m8332f.jpg

Edited by: casablancalover2 on Sep 27, 2012 9:32 PM

Catherine Deneuve.

Then...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Vn5BVMkjy3Yvl7IOx1-

Now...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIQGpT3tgh7c-DhD1UVjD

My guess is that she has one of those Egyptian scarab beetles just like the one Ann Blyth had in that one Twilight Zone episode.

(...hey...you've got a better guess?...then let's hear YOUR explanation here!) ;)

LOL

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings