Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kasha54

Classic movie favorites that we never see any more... where are they???

I am sure thousands of classic movie fans have asked this same question before, but as I have not seen the answers I will ask again. I have spent years looking for some of my very favorite movies. Not only to watch on TCM, but to own them for my collection. I am looking for: The Dark at the Top of the Stairs, starring Robert Preston and Dorothy McGuire among others. Where has it gone to? Why is it never shown anymore??

Another one is Claudia, made in 1943 and also starring Ms. McGuire. Could there be some kind of hold on thses movies due to estate issues? There is one more oldie that I loved, and have only seen one time in my life. It stars Gary Cooper and the name is Ten North Frederick made in 1948. These are all wonderful movies, and important to the fans of classic cinema. Please try to help me find a way to bring these and other movies to the attention of someone who may help me get them onto CD''s so we may all enjoy them again. There are two generations of movie fans that have never seen these films, and would find much to learn and enjoy in them. Thank you very much for your help (in advance).

Kathryn L. Stallman

(kasha54@aol.com)

h1.

Hmmm. I can't think of any at the moment, but I do have some.

I've often wished that there was a website that would save a list of movies that we want to see and notify us when it shows up in TV listings.

If only!

Oh so do I!! There are so many classic movies that seem to have gone unaccounted for, and I was praying that when the new movie museum opened in LA, that some of these movies would surface. We can only hope that someone out there will see our questions and give it some attention.

On 9/28/2012 at 4:38 AM, kasha54 said:

Another one is Claudia, made in 1943 and also starring Ms. McGuire

They just showed this & it's sequel a few months ago. I recorded them but haven't watched them yet.

The week I bought my DVD recorder, TCM stopped showing ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS '60, one of my favorite films because of the ending I never saw coming. Features my favorite Susan Kohner, who is so rarely seen. I have someone's bad copy from VHS, I don't think it was ever released on DVD.

I suspect the movie TUCKER '88 was absent from release for many years because of the music rights which was credited to pop/jazz artist Joe Jackson. 

Both those films are pretty good, especially CLAUDIA. Dot is one of my favorite actresses and I've noticed that many of her earlier movies in particular are impossible to get on Blu-ray. It's a shame. I'd pick up CLAUDIA in a heartbeat!

Just saw it awhile ago and had not seen it in ages. Once you've heard the opening music sequence you'll know it.

On 9/28/2012 at 4:38 AM, kasha54 said:

Another one is Claudia, made in 1943 and also starring Ms. McGuire. Could there be some kind of hold on thses movies due to estate issues? There is one more oldie that I loved, and have only seen one time in my life. It stars Gary Cooper and the name is Ten North Frederick made in 1948. These are all wonderful movies, and important

Claudia is on YouTube,  Ten North Frederick can be streamed at  https://m.ok.ru/video/276007422627  (ignore the log in stuff)

1988s Tucker can be streamed at   https://www.ev01.net/movie/watch-tucker-the-man-and-his-dream-online-12198   (nice site)

All the Fine Young Cannibals can be seen on Daily motion, but it's in 2 parts..here's the first..

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5l96wv

(that's the only place I could find a good stream of Mary, Mary, also in 2 parts)

There are so many ways..apps and sites..to watch just about anything now, my dvds haven't  been watched for a couple years.