Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cujas

Keep Calm & Carry On--The British Are Coming!

Blimey Princess, keep your shirt on! ;p (Sorry, I've been a bit busy on/off transferring stuff from a dying computer to a replacement rig, to put much thought into a semi-decent question.)

What husband & wife team pulled strings to make a pair of movie sequels to the 1960's TV series that they'd also worked on?

Hint #2: One of the characters present in the TV series & both movies was modeled on & in part, portrayed by one half of this husband/wife team.

Hint #3: Though better known for their TV productions, the couple also worked together on 2 other cinematic features, one a fairly obscure crime film, the other a sci-fi movie.

Gerry & Sylvia Anderson?

F.A.B.! I was starting to think that there were no Thunderbirds fans in the house...

The 2 movies were Thunderbirds Are Go & Thunderbird 6, whilst the 2 other features were Crossroads to Crime & Doppelgänger (Journey to the Far Side of the Sun outside the UK). A further Thunderbirds film was made in 2004, but only Sylvia worked on that one (and it wasn't particularly canon IMO).

The next mission's all yours, Lawrence.

I watch a lot of British TV and movies, so I'll post a question.

What is the name of the actor who plays Father Brown on current television?

What is the name of the Father Brown mystery which was mentioned by Sherlock Holmes?

Who wrote the Father Brown mysteries?

• Like 1

I watch a lot of British TV and movies, so I'll post a question.

What is the name of the actor who plays Father Brown on current television?

What is the name of the Father Brown mystery which was mentioned by Sherlock Holmes?

Who wrote the Father Brown mysteries?

1. Mark Williams
  2. ? (is this from the current TV series titles, or the original novels?)
  3. G. K. Chesterton
  • Like 1

1. Mark Williams
  2. ? (is this from the current TV series titles, or the original novels?)
  3. G. K. Chesterton

From the original stories of Father Brown.  It is the one where no one notices a person because he is in uniform.  \it was mentioned by Jeremy Brett's version of Sherlock Holmes.

I know you know it, so I will say your thread either way.

From the original stories of Father Brown.  It is the one where no one notices a person because he is in uniform.  \it was mentioned by Jeremy Brett's version of Sherlock Holmes.

I know you know it, so I will say your thread either way.

I may end up having to kick myself (or with Lady Felicia screaming at me) , but I don't know that one (despite having seen all of Brett's SH episodes), so I'll leave it open for anyone else to answer, or introduce a new question.

Unless I wake up at 3am, with the answer on the tip of my tongue...

I may end up having to kick myself (or with Lady Felicia screaming at me) , but I don't know that one (despite having seen all of Brett's SH episodes), so I'll leave it open for anyone else to answer, or introduce a new question.

Unless I wake up at 3am, with the answer on the tip of my tongue...

Then I will answer it  and let you post an new question:

It is "The Invisible Man" who could not be seen even though everyone was looking at him.  He was the mailman.

The Mark Williams version changed the story in a big way.

The reason I added the title of The Invisible man for you Limey is so that if you were to post a new question without remembering it people would not be left hanging.

The reason I added the title of The Invisible man for you Limey is so that if you were to post a new question without remembering it people would not be left hanging.

Thanks GPF - I did harbour a suspicion of that being the one, but I just couldn't remember it being mentioned in Brett's SH.

I'll still leave the thread open to all comers for now, as I don't have a good question in mind at the mo'.

• Like 1

OK -- this one should be easy-peasy:

This actress came to our (well to my) attention playing the plain daughter of an aristocratic house. Since then, she's played the hapless wife of a gay man; and more recently, some incredibly shrewish mothers, one of the those mothers being on a series as popular as the older series on which she played the plain daughter. (She works a lot and has done a lot of other stuff as well).

Who is this English actress?

What were the incredibly popular early and recent series?

What was the film in which she played the wife of the gay man?

This actress came to our (well to my) attention playing the plain daughter of an aristocratic house. Since then, she's played the hapless wife of a gay man; and more recently, some incredibly shrewish mothers, one of the those mothers being on a series as popular as the older series on which she played the plain daughter. (She works a lot and has done a lot of other stuff as well).

Hint: In the early series, her character's name was out of Shakespeare.

Hint: a617262e4d377074e1187664df2796cf.jpg