Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Murder Man Spencer Tracy

Geostan

I see the error on the Directv guide. What they do is list THE SHOW OFF as being about 3 hours long, instead of 77 minutes. The TCM monthly guide shows THE MURDER MAN showing in-between THE SHOW OFF and WHIPSHAW.

So, I would say this is a Directv error.

I see the error on the Directv guide. What they do is list THE SHOW OFF as being about 3 hours long, instead of 77 minutes. The TCM monthly guide shows THE MURDER MAN showing in-between THE SHOW OFF and WHIPSHAW.

*So, I would say this is a Directv problem*

I've noticed that Directv has done this several times in the last month or so, when a movies seems to be in an impossibly long time slot. Cross-checking with the TCM Monthly schedule usually clears it up, as there is inevitably another movie afterwards that Directv doesn't list.

Edited by: Arturo on Oct 1, 2012 7:48 PM

Yes, and Directv has stopped listing a lot of movie titles. Instead, they just say "Drama Movie" or "Comedy Movie", but they don't say what it is. And for the LMN channel, they often list "Viewer's Choice", but they don't say what the show is, a movie? a TV show? a comedy? I don't know.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:

> }{quote}...and you are the "short" expert. I assume that his name wasn't "Shorty" in the short.

No, he wasn't called "Shorty".

But they did apparently cast him just because of his height so they could have a visual gag of the very tall James Stewart playing the brother of the very short actor Don Tomkins.

There wasn't really anything else Stewart was called upon to do that displayed his talent or foretold his later success and popularity.

But he DID get to be slapped around by Stooge Shemp Howard in this short (called ART TROUBLE, 1934). I'm sure he was later proud of starting his film career in such a distinguished role!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings