Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cliffs, sea, diamond necklace, mirror, distraught woman

dpompper

Seeking the name and any other details of a film (or it could be from TV's "One Step Beyond") I saw as a child. I recall a scene of a woman (maybe a new wife) terribly upset (maybe about her new husband's previous wife) standing atop cliffs with the sea crashing beneath. As the foam recedes from rocks below, there's a diamond necklace. I think there's a mirror involved (as in what happens behind a mirror).

What I've just typed sounds like rantings of a drunken person. Not the case. I was only about 5 or 6 when I saw it -- so it was 1965 or 1966 and in black & white.

It's not a "Twilight Zone" episode because I have the DVD collection and did not find any clues there.

Almost sounds like some elements of "Rebecca," but that's not it. It had that same Cornwall gothic-y feel to it, though.

It also has the dreamy-like quality of "Portrait of Jenny," but that's not it, either.

Thanks for any help!

Over the years, we've noticed that a lot of people who saw films when they were kids, and they post clues here, actually have several different films mixed up. You might be remembering more than one film.

There have been lots of films of men and women on the edge of cliffs, and some falling off or being pushed. In a keyword search, IMDB lists 330 films with cliffs in them.

For example: The Crime Doctor's Courage (1945), a Warner Baxter film in which two wives of the same guy fall off cliffs. There is a mirror keyword tie-in, because one couple in the film have no mirrors in their home and they don't like to be around mirrors.

There are cliff scenes, and a lady falls off, in The Sign of the Ram.

Also a man at the edge of a cliff in Rebecca.

Looks like both are excellent suggestions, Fred. I watched the trailer for "The Sign of the Ram." There was a shot of the cliffs and a lighthouse!! I think that might be it.

You could be right about the combining of images. Anything is possible. Thanks very much.

Now, to find the TCM website function where I can search to see when a given title will air . . .

I didn't realize it was on last night. I missed it too!

Sometimes, some of the most rare "must see" films are on in the middle of the night, when everyone is asleep.

I don't know how to find out when a film will be shown again. I think the TCMDb page might be the place to look, but I also think they only keep track about 3 months ahead of time.

I see it now! Thanks so much, slayton. If it's not scheduled int he near future, then nothing related to scheduling appears under the title. I think it used to be in a different place, so that now that it's right under my nose, I missed it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings