Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lawerence Tonight

FrankT

Well the long awaited day is here. I am taking my 25 yr old daughter to see this epic experience here on long Island. She has neither seen it before or know the story. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did so many years ago. So - anyone else going to see LOA today? Cheers.

No. However, I saw "Lawrence of Arabia" for the very first time ON THE BIG SCREEN in the late '80s when I was in my late 20s -- in Philadelphia. It blew me away. I've since watched it a handful of times on DVD. Nothing like watching it on the big screen, I must say. I never would have appreciated it as much as I do now if I'd not had that experience. So, you're giving a fabulous gift of a lifetime to your daughter!

I didnt realize it was TODAY. How much are tickets? It is playing in my town, but since it's a Fathom event I'm leery. I've read so many complaints on here. Is it really 70mm? I did see it the first go round in real 70mm.......

John Travolta's brother, on a talk show, told about when they were kids and Johnny got in trouble with his mother for going around saying "LAWRENCE ... of ARABIA!" over and over. Apparently he did it one too many times and his mother smacked him. He was crying, and the brother came over and said, "Johnny?" and John said, "What?" And the brother said, "LAWRENCE ... of ARABIA!"

Erich von Stroheim would have come up with more original desert shots 40 years earlier if only cameras with a 4031847031754982735087.6:1 aspect ratio had been around for the Death Valley scenes of *Greed*.

Saw LOA thursday night, first time on the BIG screen, tho have seen it many times on home video [ I own the dvd ]. Epic as always, lived up to it's rep and picture quality was outstanding. MUCH better than either The Birds or West Side Story's presentation. Went with my 3 adult [ ages 19, 21 and 24 ] and we all thought the picture and sound quality first rate. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

I agree. The picture quality was excellent. Caught the matinee at a AMC theater in New Brunswick NJ. The movie was show from a local hard drive rather then the satellite.

My only negative comment is with the presentation. The promotion for Frankenstein/Bride Double bill came off as a tv spot rather then a preview. In addition, some of the pre-show was repetitive and the main title theme overplayed. The theater also had a poor choice of trailers. I would have chosen "Lincoln" as a trailer. Fits more into the epic feeling.

All in all I had a great time and was worth the 15 bucks.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings