Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, um, how exactly is "Thunder Birds" (1942) a Western?

AddisonDeWitless

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035438/faq#.2.1.1

The ranch scenes were filmed at a ranch located on the Bush Highway part way between Falcon Field and Saguaro Lake. The ranch was originally named El Rancho Grande but was later named Red Mountain Ranch after the mountain that can be seen in the background of the water tower and rodeo scenes. The card game was filmed on the covered walkway of the main ranch house. The ranch was demolished in the late 80s and is now the location of Las Sendas golf course and community.

> {quote:title=AddisonDeWitless wrote:

> }{quote}The schedule has it labeled as a western.

At about the 35-minute point, they just played a few seconds of "Deep in the Heart of Texas" in the music score.

Edited by: musicalnovelty on Oct 4, 2012 10:47 PM to update:

(A few minutes later): there it is again, and they're even riding horses!

I meant a force of men who flew airplanes in the air for the US military. I think they didn't call it the US AIR FORCE until later.

It was originally organized in Arizona by British and Chinese cowboys and rodeo riders, according to this movie. :)

There are characterized dolls in formal attire seated at a dining table in *The Last of Mrs. Cheyney* (1937). Robert Montgomery as Lord Dilling pays approx. twenty Pounds for the doll of Joan Crawford as Fay Cheyney.

My first thought when I saw *Thunder Birds* (1942) starring Gene Tierney in the schedule was that she would be a marionette in a tiny rocket ship ala' *Thunderbirds Are Go* (1966).

I believe I could not enjoy watching the movie while I have that image in my mind. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings