• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cinematic houses you wish you could buy

The NYC apartment in the Dakota where "Rosemary's Baby" was filmed

Norma Desmond's "Sunset Boulevard" abode, complete with pool

Jimmy Stewart's charming "Vertigo" apartment at 900 Lombard St, San Francisco

Just to name a few!

I would like to live in Cathy's house as shown in *Admiral Ushakov* (1953). I do not know if they filmed in the true house or if they recreated it on a soundstage. I like very much the idea of doors so tall that their handles are nearly as high as your shoulder.

Cathys.jpg

It is sad to say the true house has been converted for public use and it would not be possible to but it or to live there.

Edited by: SansFin on Oct 5, 2012 9:48 PM

I would also love to live in the mid-century modern house Carroll O'Connor has in *Point Blank* though the neighborhood above Sunset Blvd is probably not conducive to commuting.

Same problem with the MCM Chemosphere house. Great view, lousy for commuting.

>Sepiatone wrote: Like I said in that other, similar thread, the house in Cedar Rapids shown in North By Northwest .

Pardon, but being from the northern Midwest, I think you may have confused Cedar Rapids IA with Rapid City SD.

I got curious about that abode myself, so I looked it up and came upon this fascinating article about it.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2010/03/15/north-by-northwest-hitchcocks-house-on-mt-rushmore/

h5. The website has a tab for TV/Movie houses on its top bar, and you can go searching to your heart's content!

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}The Disney Beauty and the Beast castle (after the curse has been lifted, of course) because of the incredible library.

>

> 8058446098_1fc2d73ede.jpg

I AGREE!!!!

This, though, is the house I want to live in:

Tobago[iSwiss[/i]Tree+1960.jpg]

(The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse)

Cinematic in style was Mary Tyler Moore's house in Minneapolis

And a few years back, it was put on the market, asking over 2million, because of extensive upgrading and remodeling to look more like a place where Mary Richards would live. I don't know if they got the asking price.

518r5k.png

h4. Mary's apartment was supposedly behind the third floor windows.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/07/05/mary-richards-apartment-on-the-mary-tyler-moore-show/