Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GHOULISH SCHEDULE CHANGES

PrinceSaliano

Too many other movies etc. What about Lew Landers ARSON SQUAD made at PRC in 1945?

699sale_212_022.jpg

140.jpg

Learn how & why arson for profit is done? Goods are inventoried into a warehouse, then replaced by inferior merchandise & how the arson is done... by attaching fuses to the phone box. Then when somebody calls it ignites. See how insurance executives are in on the scheme & get a cut of the proceeds. See the plot unravel by greed.

TCM has decided in your interest to not show this important movie. TCM has instead decided to show Landers pix from the 30's which do not have any meaning. They were made with too many restrictions.

Another Landers movie you can buy is CRIME INC. again made at PRC in 1945 but beware the Alpha video is poor. An expose of crime into all the places of govt & how coverups are

done by prosecutors who gets cuts of the proceeds. How whistleblowers get bumped off by shotcallers in govt. See secret filming bring this entire empire of greed down in disgrace.

%21Bw9bKswEWk%7E$%28KGrHqV,%21g0Ev1+0DB-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDxufXD0SrWZFtqQ1CMcM

one of the whistle blowers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7PlF2Lb4p-r5oZt3DEIb

afraid for his life.

Lew Landers made alot of movies for alot of studios. But these two at PRC are his best. NDAI. there are short running times which were required so alot of stuff had to be packed into it to explain everything. That meant the scripts had to be concise & the actors had to rehearse to get the shots done quickly. CRIME INC. has a huge cast of well known faces. It has a singer & songs that connect to the plot. Unfortunately the songs were cut in such a way to ruin them. Deliberate sabotage. ARSON SQUAD is a very witty script. Full of humor & double meaning lines. Landers made another great film at PRC MASK OF DIIJON in 1946

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF2mWBdCMzRItJf0XLQF9images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGm2e86Trf1UzLs1nWiwM140.jpg

Landers made another movie at PRC SHADOW OF TERROR

shadowofterrorlewlanders.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRFJJA6X9KxWFvvncxW1J16767.jpg

Of the horror genre THE RAVEN is one of the 10 greatest.

However the 30's was an era of assembly line movie making. & the stories were trite. Everything changed after Citizen Kane. Stories could be told in different ways. I heard & its just a rumor that Hollywood in the 30's refused to allow the flashback because they thought it confused viewers. Its true. Citizen Kane dumped that foolosophy right down the toilet. Welles singlehandedly made studio execs into simpletons. Its no wonder they plotted to destroy him. Nobody, especially those who think they are leaders, wants to be made foolish.

Big shots who thought they ran the movie business got caught making the same movie over & over for years. :)

TCM is doing exactly the same thing. Showing the same movies over & over. all those Lew Landers pix have been on before & they suck. I like Lew Landers but those movies TCM chose are absolute garbage. Its almost an insult to use those titles as a tribute.

One other thing. On this so-called disability thing which is in itself an insult in some ways. The movie I talked about Affair In Havana has a character who is disabled. However it does not use disability in the way returning war vets movies do. Raymond Burr is disabled but he is a perv. That is why you don't see it.

How about a person who is born disabled? & has to struggle to grow up etc. Hollywood would not touch that story. Hollywood only cares about war veterans because they make army propaganda 70% of the time. 7 out of every 10 movies are propaganda. Hollywood is always selling a way of life as phony as a 3 dollar bill. It never existed. Nobody is ever broke in a Hollywood movie. & they live in a giant beautifully furnished house. With no apparant job & a brand new car. What a dream!

Real disability is a horror movie. Funny THE MEN was not shown. not your typical war vet movie but if it has to be a war vet movie, it'll do.

I am not going to debate about Films with disabled characters. Its an unpleasant subject which is most likely the reason Hollywood chose to ignore it. You don't get happy viewers by dwelling on things that upset them. Conflicts arising from mental illness or physical handicaps were handled superficially.

Its important to remember that Hollywood ended in 1948 by the blacklist. It dragged on throughout the 50's in steadily diminishing fashion until it bit the dust in the mid 60's. If you can't show THE MEN maybe you'd be better off not bothering to deal with the subject. I'm disabled. So I know a little bit about it.

Wasn't it SOUL OF A MONSTER and THE HAUNTED PALACE that were originally listed for last Friday? I was looking forward to the former as I've never seen that one, although MAN MADE MONSTER would have been fun since I haven't seen it since the late 60s.

I bought the box set DVDs that include Man Made Monster, Horror Island, Black Cat (41), Captive Wild Woman and my all time favorite - Night Monster. So if Universal finally opened their vault after all these years, maybe TCM does have Man Made Monster, but I've never seen it listed.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings