Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CRACK-UP (1946) TCM Sat morning 8:30AM EST! Dig it!

markbeckuaf

Unless you have a 911 going on, you gotta be checking out this groovy noir from RKO Studios (they really knew their noir, let me tell ya!!!)!!! What a great cast: Pat O'Brien, the sexy Claire Trevor, Herbert Marshall, Ray Collins, Wally Ford--even Grandma Walton (Ellen Corby) shows up for the fun!!! There is a scene on a train about mid-way through that rivals anything you've ever seen in the best of a Hitch flick as well! Amazing stuff!!!!

I do have to chuckle at the beginning though as it looks as though Pat O'Brien's character is returning to the art museum where he's been contracted to work from a total bender, trashing property and running rampant!!! He's not really, but they all think he is wasted at first, and I have to laugh and think that's probably really what happened with Pat on a good Friday night back in the day!! :)

Seriously though this flick rocks the house! Check it!

>I will not be watching it because I could not wait and as soon as I saw it on the far-ahead schedule I played our DVD of it and I played it again

This is exactly the type of post that the TCM programmers should read. In this case, CRACK UP is shown sporadically (maybe once a year). But imagine all those cases of A FACE IN THE CROWD and SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL getting played endlessly where a lot of people already have it on DVD.

So in a way, TCM is competing with itself (namely with earlier broadcasts where viewers have already recorded something and do not plan to sit through it again on the live broadcast).

> {quote:title=TopBilled wrote:}{quote}

> So in a way, TCM is competing with itself (namely with earlier broadcasts where viewers have already recorded something and do not plan to sit through it again on the live broadcast).

It may also be devious technique to show such movies rarely so that people will feel compelled to buy the DVD advertised after the airing because they know it may be a very long time before it is aired again. ;)

Interesting it is. Pat O'Brien old and bloated and speaking sotto voce ain't the best choice for a lead. Where was Edmond O'Brien?

Black people didn't take the train in 1946, they only acted as porters?

The night porter: "all cars look alike"(and this was 1946!); "I've been married for 30 years and I don't look for no outside trouble".

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings