Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM should do a Universal Monsters marathon around Halloween.

{color:black}I remember when AMC was still American Movie Classics, they would occasionally do day or weekend-long marathons of famous film series like Charlie Chan or Tarzan. Going off of this idea, I thought it would be cool if TCM did a marathon of Universal Monster movies, perhaps in the week leading up to Halloween. In addition to showing films from the six famous series (Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man), I think it would be neat if they, 1). Showed some stand-alone films like the “The Black Cat”, “Murders in the Rue Morgue”, etc. and 2). Showed some of the lesser-known film like “House of Horrors” (1946) and “The Monster and the Girl” (1941). I’ve never actually seen those last two, but since they were both released as part of the “Universal Monsters Classic Collection” in the 90’s, I thought I’d mention them. I know from looking at their October schedule that TCM is showing some of the films here and there, but I thought it would be cool if they did a non-stop marathon for a week, and showed a ton of them. What do other people think?

Sounds good to me. I certainly appreciate the way that TCM allows me to see old science fiction and horror films that I've never seen (or even heard of) such as "The Gamma People" and others that are classics that I have read about but never seen (such as "Witchfinder General" AKA "The Conqueror Worm.")

A day for Universal, a day for Hammer (which they are more or less doing now), a day for rare and forgotten films (like the 1940's version of "The Fall of the House of Usher" this month), and even a day for out-and-out turkeys (like "Zombies of Mora Tau" which I "enjoyed" this month) would be fun.