Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitler - Dead or Alive

Janet0312

> {quote:title=Janet0312 wrote:}{quote}A Ward Bond feature. Available on Amazon. Yay! Every time I see Ward Bond, I think about this movie and remember a scene where he is shooting at Nazis from an open door of a plane in flight. Anybody seen this one?

Whew! You had me scared there for a moment. I thought it was a quiz and I was going to guess "dead".

I haven't seen it, but I'll certainly look for it. It sounds exciting! I love those movies meant to fire up the homefront.

sfpcc1 wrote: Is it anything like *They Saved Hitler's Brain*? (Haven't seen it)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope sfpcc1. Actually it's more like the film They Saved Mussolini's Brain...which was a documentary about Amtrak's failed experiment in the 1980s to see if THEY could get THEIR trains to run on time!

(...don't worry...not too many people ever saw that one)

Nothing is more wacky than the plot in "Inglourious Basterds" (2009). From what alternative universe are the producer/director from?

The fun part were at the end where they used nitrate film to set the theatre alite. Hitler and the top Nazi's was viewing one of their propaganda films and while trying to escape they were all killed mostly by machine guns.

hitler-inglourious-basterds.jpg

> Nope sfpcc1. Actually it's more like the film *They Saved Mussolini's Brain*...which was a documentary about Amtrak's failed experiment in the 1980s to see if THEY could get THEIR trains to run on time!

organic_fuel.png

> {quote:title=Janet0312 wrote:

> }{quote}A Ward Bond feature... Every time I see Ward Bond, I think about this movie and remember a scene where he is shooting at Nazis from an open door of a plane in flight. Anybody seen this one?

It's certianly a unique movie.

I first saw and recorded it back in the mid-1980's when it was shown on the USA Network (are they even still around?)

It's interesting to me that it's an independent production, not made by any Hollywood studio. There weren't many of those back then, not with so many established Hollywood names in the cast, anyway. Many of the names in the credits are PRC people, but it wasn't even one of theirs.

Yeah, music, USA is still around. They show a lot of "House" and "NCIS" reruns, but also have a few good original series, such as the very good "Burn Notice". But they have come a long way since the "Night Flight" show on Friday nights and the "Duckman" cartoons.

I never saw *Hitler: Dead or Alive* , but it sounds like a hoot. I always liked Ward Bond anyway, so I should like it. Bond, to me, was the kind of guy in the late '30's through the mid '50's that George Kennedy in the late '50's through the '80s turned out to be. And I always dug Kennedy, too.

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}...and since 'Hill Street Blues" was one of my favorite shows, I can see why I remembered Vic Hitler. The show was loosely inspired by DETECTIVE STORY (1951), starring Kirk Douglas.

I'm old enough to remember "Hill Street Blues." Great show, btw...

And remember the episodes with LaRue and Vic, who was a comedian and had narcolepsy, as well as the problem with his surname...

Story was also inspired by fact that relatives of A. Hitler lived in New York, on Long Island to be more specific:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/24/nyregion/24patchogue.html?pagewanted=all

A novel and a play were written about A. Hitler's American nephew and family before the "Hill Street Blues" episodes...

Nephew was William Patrick Hitler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Hitler

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings