Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Corridors of Blood' starring Boris Karloff. Butchered like hell

classiccinemafan

Last night/early this morning , AMC showed 'The Brain Eaters' and a Boris Karloff movie 'Corridors of Blood'.

Corridors of blood ran only 15 minutes !(commercials included). Today , I looked it up on Wikipedia. The film ran 86 minutes. What the heck ?

And while watching it , I thought it was unaired TV pilot. But I was wrong. 15 minutes out of 86 minutes. There's a lot missing. Not including the commercials. I seen only 20 minutes out of 86 minutes.

The movie was butchered like hell.

The Brain Eaters was a good sci-fi movie. It reminded of 'Invasion fo the body snatchers'. It was similar.

I taped both movies. I cut out all the commercials. Enjoyed both movies. I thought the Karloff movie was hilarious. It look like Karloff was smoking crack all though the movie. Christopher Lee was in it too. He was stealing body parts and he had a scarred face. He reminded of the guy from 'Mystery of the wax museum'. The movie didn't make any sense to me because it was so butchered. One day , I'd like to see it uncut.

I have seen recordings of ten-minute-Shakespeare which were on AMC. They were quite amusing and interesting. I must wonder if it was their intent to condense that movie in the same manner and for the same reason.

I know of several movies which I feel might be good if they were ten minutes rather than two hours in length.

> {quote:title=classiccinemafan wrote:}{quote}i thought you'd all be interested. i guess not.

>

> I'm not complaining about the movie. I'm only shocked by how short the movie was. 10 minutes. Shorter than a tv show.

>

> Edited by: classiccinemafan on Oct 13, 2012 7:17 PM

Far be it from me to be an AMC apologist, but there had to be either a technical error on AMC's part or a misunderstanding on yours. I went to the AMC schedule for October 16 and they have 90 minutes allocated for it when it airs next Tuesday. Granted, with their commercial breaks the thing will still be abbreviated. I am assuming that AMC still has paid programming from 6AM - 9AM on weekdays? Because the next thing scheduled after Corridors of Blood at 4:30AM EST is The Three Stooges at 9AM. Thus you'll probably get 60 minutes of the 90 minute film.

Technical errors are common on channels in the wee hours. In August 2011 during SUTS on Ann Dvorak's day, TCM totally massacred an early morning showing of 1935's rarely aired Sweet Music. The sound got out of sync for about thirty minutes and you haven't lived until you've seen Ned Sparks talking wiith Alice White's voice. Finally somebody who understood the TCM control panel either came along or noticed - there was about 15 seconds of a guy falling from the sky with a big orange parachute - and when TCM cut back to the movie the synchronization was restored.

joyrider ,

I'm positive. The movie was only 10 minutes long (15 with the commercials).

AMC is showing it again later this week.

AMC shortens their black and white movies because they think no one is interested in them and they want to only fill in the time slot. The show the old black and white monster movies in the late hours because they think no one likes them.

They want to make time for commercials. Less movie. Less commercials. They get paid for advertizing garbage. Showing films costs them money.

> {quote:title=classiccinemafan wrote:}{quote}Last night/early this morning , AMC showed 'The Brain Eaters' and a Boris Karloff movie 'Corridors of Blood'.

>

>

>

> Corridors of blood ran only 15 minutes !(commercials included). Today , I looked it up on Wikipedia. The film ran 86 minutes. What the heck ?

>

>

>

> And while watching it , I thought it was unaired TV pilot. But I was wrong. 15 minutes out of 86 minutes. There's a lot missing. Not including the commercials. I seen only 20 minutes out of 86 minutes.

>

>

>

> The movie was butchered like hell.

>

>

>

> I taped both movies. I cut out all the commercials. Enjoyed both movies. I thought the Karloff movie was hilarious. It look like Karloff was smoking crack all though the movie. Christopher Lee was in it too. He was stealing body parts and he had a scarred face. He reminded of the guy from 'Mystery of the wax museum'. The movie didn't make any sense to me because it was so butchered. One day , I'd like to see it uncut.

Since you recorded this apparently hilariously chopped version of Corridors of Blood, you should post it to youtube just to shame AMC - if that's possible. I honestly don't think anything upsets them other than lowered ad revenue. I don't know if Corridors of Blood is still under copyright, but even if it is I don't see how the rightsholder could be upset with you considering how butchered and unrecognizable as the original that you say it is.

What do you expect from a channel that in itself is butchered? I can't beleive how much garbage is printed on the screen, the other night I couldn't see the movie from all that junk.

I so happend right now turned to AMC and they got a countdown timer for "The Walking Dead". We don't need a STUPID second by second timer telling us when it will preimier. :(

But there are worst channels like GMC, last year they heavily edited "Prancer" of all movies.

AMC now stands for *Atrocious Movie Channel.* (brutal in the way they treat movies)

AMC has done this with other movies too. I think they do it to fill in a space of 15 minutes or something. They do it with the Stooges too. They'll run a complete short and then a condensed short meant to fill in a five minute spot. Shoddy.

Obviously you've never seen one of those Super 8mm condensed prints that many of us used to collect in the years before home video of complete features became available.

I don't see any difference between AMC showing a condensed version and one of those old 8mm digest prints from years ago.

In the case of this movie in particular, there WAS a Super 8mm release of the entire feature film long before it became available on home video. A company called Powell Films made it for purchase.

corridors.jpg

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:

> }{quote}In August 2011...TCM totally massacred an early morning showing of 1935's rarely aired Sweet Music. The sound got out of sync for about thirty minutes and you haven't lived until you've seen Ned Sparks talking wiith Alice White's voice. Finally somebody who understood the TCM control panel either came along or noticed - there was about 15 seconds of a guy falling from the sky with a big orange parachute - and when TCM cut back to the movie the synchronization was restored.

And wouldn't you think they'd have re-scheduled it by now?

But no, we're still waiting...

calvinnme wrote:

<< Finally somebody who understood the TCM control panel either came along or noticed - there was about 15 seconds of a guy falling from the sky with a big orange parachute - and when TCM cut back to the movie the synchronization was restored. >>

That was Fearless Felix practicing his jump. :P

Somebody mentioned SOUL OF A MONSTER as being free on FearNet. I was watching it. Rose Hobart is some cold monster. She was straight from hell in CONFLICT & she comes up outta hell in SOUL. My ex-wife was bad but not that bad... (half of the time)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMl9XI6Dp7x_ZJYVkgKE5

she got that streak of gray hair from her constant trips to hell & back. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBIZgBQrh0Lg9p90-nsN6images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpfihdBE5SM4KRuAxNLKC

They trick Boris into signing death certificates in a scam. Boris was too busy getting hooked on

his experimental anesthesia formulas. to notice how his death certificates were enabling them to deliver murdered bodies to medical schools for profit!

It was part of a two picture deal in england for boris. the other was

GRIP OF THE STRANGLER retitled

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYnT6aBWK30V5hIxw4rdwimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6OywM3S6pf5CkwQnZUaN

rated x in England. They have a joint called "The Judas Hole"... whats up with that? :^0

Lap Dance anybody?

AngloAmalgamated. 2 of Boris best from the 50's. I saw Haunted Strangler when I

was a kid. I never heard of Corridors of Blood. until it was on IFC.

If you remember me telling you about MGM - how they had holes in dressing rooms so Mayer & others could watch actresses undress... The Judas Hole is a hole by which spying can be done. Webster Dictionary definition.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtHi__f6eIyFFtGGIVeTBimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4wy1dTWBbF0ZO3vqMmOS

Anthony Dawson was a real creepy guy. Great actor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWJ3ph7a0CjhxKyC3mwSMimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0NHGnznPt_VJjsSpHDIVimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTphB_wI7INkQgNViQjDALimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17fbS9SKOMc1s-gDydfB

These pictures were made by Robert Day who also made First Man Into Space

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings