Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When Is a Short Not a Short?

FredMertz

Based on the listings for Sunday, October 21, there are two answers to the subject question:

1) When the 78-minute animated feature *Mr. Bug Goes to Town* is labeled with the Short genre

2) When all the animated shorts aired between 11:00pm--1:00am ET except one ( *Fireman Save My Child* ) are listed with the genres Musical, Comedy, Silent, TCM Presents.

Edited by: FredMertz on Oct 15, 2012 9:31 AM

• 10 months later...

The answer, in my opinion, is when they're those studio promos that serve no purpose other than to advertise a real movie.

Lately, TCM's been bombarding us with those pointless and boring promos -- taking up time that could be better spent showing real short films, not studio ads masquerading as "shorts".

TCM, you've been doing a great job otherwise, but please, try to keep these exercises in non-filmmaking to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have made of list of all the movies I've seen since June 2009. In order it to qualify it as a film it has to be at least 50 minutes long. That is the low end running time of a Old B Movie short. I have to draw a line somewhere and I think that's pretty generous.

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings