Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HOLLYWOOD MY HOMETOWN (1965)

libradoll

Can I just say how much I enjoyed the Special “Hollywood My Home Town” with Ken Murray. If it was shown before I missed it, so was seeing it for the first time. It was great fun & very nostalgic.

I’d be happy to watch it again AND if there are any more just like this one I hope TCM will show them at some point. Do I have any simpatico fans on this?

I think TCM showed it a couple of times before, but that was years ago.

In the 1960s, Ken Murray made several of these special documentary shows, based on his old home movies. He also made one in 1983.

I thought the scene with his son and that little girl singing was outstanding, just wonderful.

Ah, the good old days.....

Thank you Mr. FredCDobbs for the link to that clip. It was great to enjoy it again. Could not agree more with your sentiment....

Ah, the good old days.....

Since Mr. Murray made several of these, any possibility that TCM will have more of them to show?? I sure hope so.

I have to say this about most of the recently aired movies discussed on the boards - I recorded this but haven't watched it yet. It's a good thing I don't have a DVR (did make the switch to recording on DVD instead of VHS though this summer).

Sunday afternoon I did actually watch tv live - I switched between the space jump and Bewitched. Though that turned out to be mostly commercials for Logo. I swear it seemed like they must have cut at least 5 minutes out of the episodes to make room for more ads. They'd be in the middle of scene and then it would just cut off.

I will definitely be watching next Sunday when TCM has those animated features though!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings