Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you TCM!

gurnot

I love TCM. That's it. I plan my day and evening and into late hours according to my Now Playing Guide. The marketing is incredible and always new ideas. I have so many favorite stars and get caught up in other worlds when watching. My cable service is arranged around TCM. If they cannot provide TCM I am switching. Thank you TCM and Ted Turner for valuing these classics and for sharing them with all of us and Thank you for no commercials and 24/7 viewing. It is so awesome and it adds such quality to my life and how I look at things from all the great writers and producers and actors.

I don't recognize the handle, so you must be new here, Gurnot.

If so, welcome to the forums, and thank YOU!

After a while, you'll notice that many here constantly complain about the frequency of certain movies being shown on TCM. There's a thread now going that gripes about the showing of *A Face In The Crowd* yet AGAIN. And I sometimes join in on the complaining.

Why I'm thanking you is for reminding us of WHY we tune into TCM to begin with.

There is NOWHERE ELSE in your choices of 300+ cable channels you're going to find broadcasting like it. Oh, sure. many of the movies shown on TCM wind up on other channel's "Late Show" offerings. But with commercial interruptions and "edited to fit this time slot". We forget sometimes that not EVERY cable service carries TCM, and when they finally do, the "newbies" deserve a chance to catch up. We also seem to forget that BEFORE TCM, the chances of ever seeing these "frequent flyers" were slim to none.

Thanks again, gurnot, for unintentionally putting us in our place!

Sepiatone

Welcome to our community here! And I share your enthusiasm and gratitude for TCM and all that groovy flix it provides for us!!! Commercial free, and actually very few of these flix are aired anywhere else! It's a classic film lovers paradise!!!! Welcome, enjoy your stay, and thank you for sharing your thoughts about this rockin' channel!

Nice to put a lot of our complaints in perspective, gurnot. Quiet as it's kept, when it comes to the preservation and *presentation* of America's cultural heritage to the greatest number of people, and in the least cluttered and most *affordable* form, Turner Classic Movies is light years ahead of whatever other institution may be in second place. And every time it seems as if it may be getting a bit stale and repetitious, it gives us a month's worth of Kurosawa or a month of Loretta Young pre-codes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings