Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

to the people of TCM (bosses, the programmers etc..)

crankyolewoman

in defense of the movie johnny belinda, it is one of my favorite movies and i do not think that a person should criticize a movie that they apparently haven't seen. the character johnny belinda did not scream because she is a deaf MUTE, no sounds does she make, hence deaf MUTE. to the actress and actor who criticized the performance are you people saying that women who are raped and don't scream were asking for it or liked it? i remember one of your guest speakers for this month of october was in a movie called "children of a lesser god," seems she was a rape victim and i do not recall her screaming and i do recall she became a **** in the movie, HMMM, her performance is suppose to be better because she really is deaf? if the johnny belinda character had become a **** in the movie would it have been a better performance? OMGOSH it was a MOVIE, not real a movie and it is a excellent movie. TCM is my faovrite channel until lately it seems to me that programmers and special speakers are doing everything they can to mock and criticize old movies. no the movies aren't perfect, no the movies do not have perfect political correctness, but they are from a WHOLE different era of time and thought process and right or wrong it was that time period these movies were made. i want ya'll to name one movie just one movie that has been made in the last 15 years that even comes close to perfect. what movies today will still be classics even ten years from now? these movies will be i betcha! i am a HUGE fan of B/W movies and used to be a huge fan of TCM but i just do not know anymore what to think of TCM.

> {quote:title=crankyolewoman wrote:}{quote}in defense of the movie johnny belinda, it is one of my favorite movies and i do not think that a person should criticize a movie that they apparently haven't seen. the character johnny belinda did not scream because she is a deaf MUTE, no sounds does she make, hence deaf MUTE. to the actress and actor who criticized the performance are you people saying that women who are raped and don't scream were asking for it or liked it? i remember one of your guest speakers for this month of october was in a movie called "children of a lesser god," seems she was a rape victim and i do not recall her screaming and i do recall she became a **** in the movie, HMMM, her performance is suppose to be better because she really is deaf? if the johnny belinda character had become a **** in the movie would it have been a better performance? OMGOSH it was a MOVIE, not real a movie and it is a excellent movie. TCM is my faovrite channel until lately it seems to me that programmers and special speakers are doing everything they can to mock and criticize old movies. no the movies aren't perfect, no the movies do not have perfect political correctness, but they are from a WHOLE different era of time and thought process and right or wrong it was that time period these movies were made. i want ya'll to name one movie just one movie that has been made in the last 15 years that even comes close to perfect. what movies today will still be classics even ten years from now? these movies will be i betcha! i am a HUGE fan of B/W movies and used to be a huge fan of TCM but i just do not know anymore what to think of TCM.

Dear Crank,

Think of just four little words:

Good, Bad, Ugly

and the fourth?

Great!

Then stop thinking and get over it!

musikone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings