Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

data base and broadcast

Alpaw

You can find out if a movie is going to show in the next three months or so by looking up it's page on the TCM database. First, you type the movie's title in the search box located in the upper right hand corner of the TCM homepage. Make sure the TCMDb button is selected. You will see a Search Results page come up. Find the movie you are interested in, and click on it's title. The movie's page will then appear. Under the title, any air dates scheduled will be listed. After each date will be a reminder button, which will allow you to arrange to have a reminder e-mailed to you.

Hi slayton, Thanks for your comment. I tried your suggestions. I searched for The Deer Hunter and came up with ZERO hits. I guess this mean that TCM does NOT have it in its collection. I then searched for Roman Holiday which I know TCM has and came up with several hits, but no broadcast date which probably means that it is not presently scheduled for broadcast. I hope my conclusions are correct. Your suggestions were very helpful.

Here is the page for The Deer Hunter:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/420324/Deer-Hunter-The/

Sometimes you have to enter the title for a film the begins with The. . . , with the The at the end, like this:

Deer Hunter, The

You will find that the database for TCM is as extensive as any other (such as IMDB).

One more thing. As far as I can tell from other discusssions, TCM doesn't have a film "library." At one time, it did, as a result of Ted Turner buying Time/Warner. But the films and/or rights to them were sold off at one point. Now, TCM rents all the films it shows.

THE DEER HUNTER shows up from time to time on another movie channel. (sorry I can't recall which one) That probably means that they have a lock on it and TCM can't show it. TCM has run ROMAN HOLIDAY before, but keep in mind that their contracts with the studios are for a certain number of showings within a specified period of time so the fact they've run a film before doesn't necessarily mean they still have it. The best thing to do is just keep watching the schedules.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings