Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Worst movie you've ever seen?

You won't get any argument from me there, Valentine.

I watched it once when it came on free TV -- despite the fact that I detest DiCaprio. (He should have stopped while he was ahead with "Gilbert Grape.")

I wanted to see what the big hoo-ha was all about.

Hence, no interest in seeing "Avatar" even if/when it comes to free TV.

I'm convinced that Cameron laughs his way to the bank at least once a week.

>also seems to be something other than affable.

I'm always affable. :)

All movies are made for some audience. Some movies are made for all audiences. This movie was made for some audience but not all audiences, and you are one of the some audience. :)

I agree too, "A Night to Remember" is the best and most accurate Titanic film so far. (IMHO)

The reason might because it was based on Walter Lord's book of the same title, published in 1955 in which he was able to interview many of the survivors of the disaster. Also the ship;s fourth officer Joseph Boxhall was technical advisor for the film and Lord also interviewed him.

Years ago I was really "into" the "Titanic" (I still am to some degree) and read everything I could get my hands on regarding the Titanic.

The only thing that is accurate regarding Cameron's 1997 take on the Titanic is he showed that the ship did crack in half when it sank, which is what really happened.

In books that I read many survivors stated they thought the "stern" of ship might act as it's own lifeboat because it stayed afloat for a minute or two before it too sank.

Lori

There was a documentary, within the past year, IIRC, about the sinking of the Titanic, from the point of view of the engineers, and technicians, on board the ship. It told of what they would have experienced, and how they would have reacted. Much of it was drawn from things the men on the ship had written. It was excellent. I don't recall if it was on PBS, or one of the 'history' sort of channels.

Valentine, I thought 1997's TITANIC was overrated too, even though I also enjoyed it. I DIDN'T enjoy the Irish music mostly because by the time the movie came out, we were already DRENCHED with it, thanks to the also highly overrated "River Dance".

But Cameron's TITANIC could never come CLOSE to being as overrated as his AVATAR. Take away the dazzling special effects and you got...what?

I also agree about *A Night To Remember* . Tragically, I put off watching this film for years until I found out it was a movie about the Titanic disaster. It's title, to me, suggested it was some kind of romance, soap opera "chick-flick" sort of dreck.

Sepiatone

I'm so glad for all the positive comments about truly the greatest TITANIC movie ever made, *A NIGHT TO REMEMBER*. Generic title for a fab flick. Everyone should see it

But we digress. Let's get back to bad movies.

Any other horrible movies you have seen?

Another hilariously bad MST3K movie is *THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO ... BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES* (can't remember the whole title-- we just call it MIXED UP ZOMBIES). So bad-- firstly it sounds like they never took the mike out of the box. Second, the zombies themselves are very bad looking. Thirdly the characters are not interesting and are badly written and acted. And finally, and most amusingly, they introduce three plots, then instead of going into the stories they fill the movie with shots of the Santa Monica Pier and a bunch of random bad musical numbers like "Shick out of Shape" and an middle aged woman scatting. Good times.

I think the exact title is *THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES.* It was featured on MST3K, where that show's heckling silhouettes also couldn't believe that there was a musical number entitled "Shick out of Shape."

Yes, another litmus test Titanic passes- the mere mention of the title has the awesome power to derail *any* discussion and lead us all down a long dark path of dissention, anger and violence.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLB9IeugBD8-3QjnsFXEk

"Yes, my pretties...fight...fight. And I will feast off the fumes of your rage and hatred...Bwahahahahaha.Oh, now a moment of silence for those who died in the horrible tragedy................ah, now back to feasting! I'm the *KING OF THE WORLD* Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!"

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}

> <I'm the *KING OF THE WORLD* >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> . . . and laughing all the way to the bank . . .

>

Bank? Foo, Cameron don't use no bank.

He's got a big underground vault where he keeps all the money, prints, artifacts, and skulls of those who have wronged him. Periodically though, he does shuffle down the long, dark, mildewy, corridor to count the money, screen Pirahna 2: The Spawning or play with the skulls- but the sound he makes is more "ha-cah-cah-cah-cah" than outright "laughing" as you or I would know it.

The problem I have with worst movies is that the worst movies are not those I have any interest in seeing. The two least favorite movies I've seen this year are Inherit the Wind and The Help but if they had received no critical buzz I would not likely see them at all. Likewise, I really don't care for Braveheart, but if it had not won best picture I probably wouuldn't have seen it all, just as I never got around to seeing another 1995 movie about Scottish resistance to England, Rob Roy.

> {quote:title=phroso wrote:}{quote}I think the exact title is *THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES.* It was featured on MST3K, where that show's heckling silhouettes also couldn't believe that there was a musical number entitled "Shick out of Shape."

The song is actually titled "Shook Out Of Shape". There's also a number called "The Zombie Stomp".

> {quote:title=skimpole wrote:}{quote}

> The two least favorite movies I've seen this year are Inherit the Wind and The Help but if they had received no critical buzz I would not likely see them at all.

Wow, you really didn't like *Inherit The Wind* ?? I just watched that on DVD last week again...I really like it as a great courtroom drama (it was based on a popular Broadway play, you know). What I find surprising is that the movie didn't get a couple of additional Oscar nominations, such as Fredric March for Best Supporting Actor, Best Director for Stanley Kramer, and Best Picture.

C'mon, finance, wasn't the title enough of a clue?

On the other hand, props for having an open mind.

I watched "Hysteria" (2011) via Netflix instead. Entertaining enough, but not great.

Edited by: dpompper on Nov 3, 2012 7:31 PM

• 9 months later...

FORREST FREAKING GUMP. Hate hate hate that movie. Nearly everyone I know loves it, so I feel less a freak seeing how many people here dislike it. And pretty much anything starring Adam Sandler...

I generally like those "so-bad-they-are-good" movies. My sister and I even made up a rating scale known as The Lepus Scale of Bad Movie Goodness, where NIGHT OF THE LEPUS is a 10 (good) and PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE is a 1 (terrible). But we watched THE YESTERDAY MACHINE (1963) not too long ago and I would say I have found one to hate. This stinker rates about a -10. It's about an ex-Nazi scientist who esacaped to America and built a time machine to change the outcome of WWII. It even starts well--a girl wiith an atrocious Texas accent is twirling a baton and dancing to something that might pass for Rock N Roll if you were a white chick from Texas in 1963. There's a night club singer and her newsreporter boyfriend and a mysterious house in the middle of a really big mysteriously empty field, in a town where other teenagers have disappeared mysteriously . Sounds like it might actually be interesting, right? Wrongy wrong wrong! Even Didiyama the dusky slave girl from ancient Egypt couldn't save it...

"Skyline" (2010).

I was spared from watching "Sharknado" (TV's off button).

Now if they only merged "Sharknado" with "Oklahoma" (1955) and the shark ate Curly before he started singing - I would have enjoyed that. :^0

Anyone screaming *I want my mony back!!* from "The Lone Ranger" (2013)??

What's with all the turkeys this year?

Edited by: hamradio on Aug 9, 2013 9:42 PM

I like friggin' Forrest Gump and Texas women with an accent.

I've got a Southern accent and don't intend to try and change it.

Dune is the worst movie I ever tried to watch.

I didn't.

Jake Holman in the Heartland

Edited by: JakeHolman on Aug 9, 2013 9:07 PM