Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CLASSIC MOVIE IMPRESSIONS

Monescu

Monescu, I thought you did a great job. I really liked James Mason, Peter Lorre, Henry Fonda and Frank Morgan.

Of course you didn't do my favorite actor from the classic era. Probably a little hard to do, you would have to say "sure, sure" a lot. (That is the only clue I will give :) )

Any ways you are very talented, good job!

Thanks for sharing.

Lori

Thanks, Lori! Are you referring to Hugh Herbert (I think his "Woo! Woo!" is more famous, but he said "sure, sure" too), or perhaps Walter Brennan (I had him in there earlier, but I took him out because there were too many voices in a similar register). Or is it still someone else?

No sorry Monescu wrong.

He is not as well know has he should be (IMHO) and he died at a young age.

Probably most famous for a film noir film made in mid 1940's.From New York and he had a New York accent.

People who know me here know who it is, but there might be a possibility that you don't know him. (I wouldn't be happy but accept the fact) Although most classic movie fans know him.

His films are shown on TCM and he had tribute a month ago.

Let me know when you want to give up. I don't mean to drive you crazy.

Lori

I suppose it's possible that I don't know who this actor is, but if he worked during the thirties and forties, and was memorable enough to be someone's favorite, I sincerely doubt it (Hell, around here we have Irving Bacon and Claire Dodd festivals, and always celebrate C. Aubrey Smith's birthday!).

John Garfield would seem to match your criteria (from New York, died young, probably had a tribute last month), though I'm not sure what film noir he is most famous for (Postman? Body and Soul? Not Humoresque, I should think).

If not him, give me another clue.

Ding, Ding, Ding. That is it you got it, John Garfield is the right answer, and yes I was referring to TPART.

I realize he would be a very difficult person to impersonate, but I have seen Michael Keaton do him (says, sure, sure a lot) and I have heard that Sammy Davis Jr "did" him as well. I guess Sammy was a big fan of John Garfield's as well.

Any ways you are very good at the impressions you do, and 24 is really quite a few.

Well, sorry no prizes, but thanks for playing. :)

Lori

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings