Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM London

Swithin

I'm in London for a while, where tonight TCM is showing Urban Cowboy and Blown Away (several times). I'm on the Sky cable system, I don't know if other UK systems have other TCMs, but I doubt it. The TCM here is not very good.

Edited by: Swithin on Oct 24, 2012 7:07 PM

I like to go on cruises & the last couple I've been on were with Royal Caribbean, and for some reason the show some recorded TCM programming from different areas. TCM Latin America was the worst I've seen of the ones I've been exposed to, although all except the original has commercials. The Latin American version was showing mainly old tv shows & miniseries. Truly awful.

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}I'm in London for a while,.....The TCM here is not very good.

Let's be thankful for what we have here. If the folks who complain about TCM had a chance to watch the international TCM channels, they'd never complain again. After a couple of weeks of commercials, TV shows and even segments of a home shopping channel much like QVC, that 20th showing of A FACE IN THE CROWD or SOME LIKE IT HOT might just start looking pretty good. ;)

As for Swithin's question, If other systems in the UK do carry TCM it would be the same one as Sky Cable shows.

Here is Swithin's original post:

" I'm in London for a while, where tonight TCM is showing Urban Cowboy and Blown Away (several times). I'm on the Sky cable system, I don't know if other UK systems have other TCMs, but I doubt it. The TCM here is not very good."

True, the films he mentions aren't typical TCM material, but where does he say there are commercials?

Anyway, I hope you are having a lovely time in London, Swithin baby. Must be one of the most interesting cities in the world.

> True, the films he mentions aren't typical TCM material, but where does he say there are commercials?

MsW,

He didn't in his original post. But, in her reply, helenbaby noted that she has seen various TCM international channels while on cruises and those international channels have commercials.

The international channels don't mirror the US and Canada schedules and are usually quite different than what regular US and/or Canadian viewers usually expect.

I think there are commercials -- I vaguely remember that from a previous visit. I stay in the same flat with the same cable system each time, so my experiences are consistent. But I'll check when I have time, I'm sort of busy.

I do know that one of the TCM channels here is called TCM-HD and starts at 8pm. The other seems to run all day. But they seem more like Fox, with a few films shown repeatedly throughout the day.

More soon.

I feel so sad for my friends in the UK. Actually we have better access to great British films than they do. They have a website for the TCM there and I read the programming guide. They even have old repeats of t.v. shows on their channel.

I have a dear friend in Northampton and she only wishes she could see what we see over here. That channel should change its name because its nothing like what we have here.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings