Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miles, I'm not sure how far Guelph, Ontario is from here...I live in Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake, (near the Falls), Ontario. :)

PS ... N.O.T.L. is home to the world renowned Shaw Festival Theatre. Perhaps you have heard of it.

I live within walking distance of it.

Twinks

Bert Freed is correct. Good work, Rich. Now here is a guy who played both heroes and villains in mostly westerns and serials. He also played supporting roles in some "A" list films, like "Gone With The Wind". He was even featured in a horror movie. Do you know him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnwEKRk56xu79G7Er5iTcimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqYj-zVgCr4bnfPiMX5sG

Shazam! You got him, MN. He was Captain Marvel. He was also the bad guy who was shot by John Wayne at the end of "Stagecoach". Now, who is this next guy. He played heroes and villains in westerns, but he also played roles in some non-westerns with the likes of Bogart and Cagney.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1KkOnHeZHYaayEZG-WG-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqbUAzpCjwLkhmgx0KKkR

That is ...(...well I'll hold off to give someone else a chance...)...

But he sure deserved it, didn't he, when he got his hand hurt by Lon Chaney, Jr. in a certain classic film!

Still, when his name comes up, my first thought of him is as a western movie hero.

Dennis Hoey ?

Just wanted to add an interesting tid bit !

Lon Chaney Jr co-starred in the 'FIRST EVER' American-Canadian Television Production back in '57 as Chingachgook in 'Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans', (Shock Theater).

This series was filmed in Pickering, Ontario (outside of Toronto) through CBC.

Twinks

PS ..Miles, that would be about an hour (60 miles) from where I live :)

Edited by: twinkeee on May 15, 2013 2:39 PM

SCSU1975 got it. Bob Steele was the little guy that hated big guys in "Of Mice And Men" with Lon Chaney Jr.

Now here are two men that I saw on "Gunsmoke" yesterday on the Encore Western Channel. Do you know their names?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-tKpASTf0yQZAbxQlUzCimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk68ath_DhBBuGge2zQQY

Harry Townes is correct. He played a lot of troubled, nervous, somewhat untrustworthy guys. Good job, Rich! Now, can you name this guy? He played a lot of average Joe parts, including a lot of cab drivers. Oh yes, he also was a regular on a TV sitcom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu0tSGOonbqhhmqPxzC55

Sorry, Twinks. There was a power outage at work today and the computers were down for a long time. Unfortunarely, I was away from my home computer for most of the evening. Yes, Twinkeee got Frank Faylen. Most remember him from the Dobie Gillis TV show. He had supporting parts in many movies. He was also the one-time father-in-law of Regis Philbin.

Now, who is this lovely lady with the beautiful eyes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT36ftBqtM3uyEhOEvT6jB

These hints might help. These two sisters worked in the era that spanned the transition from silent to sound movies. The one on the left had a slighly longer career, making her last film in 1938. The one on the right finished her movie career in 1935. The one on the left worked in vaudeville under the name Chotsie Noonan. They were from Bayonne, New Jersey.