Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some questions about the Devil Doll

LsDoorMat

There are spoilers ahead, so if you haven't seen this film you might not want to read further.

Lavond and his inmate friend Marcel escape from Devil's Island, which is off the coast of South America. Yet somehow the convicts manage to crawl to Marcel's wife's home. How did they get across the ocean? Did Marcel's wife relocate to Devil's Island hoping Marcel would escape?

Lavond talks about his own death being part of his plan and tells his daughter's fiance that where he's going he won't need money. Is he planning to kill himself after his name is cleared so that his daughter won't have to ever worry about any further scandal involving himself? The ending leaves Lavond's fate open.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I think Lionel Barrymore shrank himself and his pal and thus traversed the ocean hiding out under the captain's hammock. Nobody noticed them. When they came ashore, Lavond simply returned to his normal size and walked away.

Kind of like Alice's tall/tiny transformations in Wonderland.

(ok, I gave it my best shot. I don't know the answer to your question, but I did like the movie.)

By the way, just out of curiousity, I tried to look up *The Devil Doll* in TCM's database, and couldn't find it ! What's up with that? ( tried both with and without the "the" .)

Edited by: misswonderly on Oct 27, 2012 6:36 PM

Hi guys -

Just a helpful hint... (Call me Heloise)

If you are having trouble finding a film in the Database that has been shown on TCM recently, you can always use the monthly schedule to pull it up. Just click on the title and you'll be taken to the appropriate Database page.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/October2012.html

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/3340/Devil-Doll-The/

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> I tried to look up *The Devil Doll* in TCM's database, and couldn't find it ! What's up with that? ( tried both with and without the "the" .)

I haven't searched for it myself, but the problem may be that the movie's exact title is "The Devil-Doll" (note the "-" between Devil and Doll). Maybe it'll be listed if you search that way.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings