Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Games (scheduling?)

musikone

The movie "Games," with a length of one hour and forty minutes, was scheduled to be shown in the time slot from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM, EST on October 27. This left 20 minutes of "non-commercial" crud to fill in the difference between 100 minutes and 120 minutes. Are you with me, Ben? As it has virtually always happened prior to this instance, Ben (are you still with me?),

*the movie starts at the scheduled starting time and the crud comes between the end of the movie and the start of the next movie.*

Are you still with me, Ben? Tonight, however, the crud came before the beginning of the movie. As you may not know, Ben,

*THIS SCREWS UP THE SCHEDULE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SOMEHOW EXPECTING THE MOVIE TO START AT THE SCHEDULED TIME.*

I just thought that you might like to know this, Ben -- or whoever pulled this October surprise. If it was not you who did it -- I apologize. In this case, get someone else to do the programming, if you can find someone who knows how and understands the difference between crud at the beginning and crud at the end of the movie.

musikone

(once again ending on a sour note)

I believe the problem was a misprint of the starting time.

The previous movie was *Diabolique* (1955) which is an one-hundred-and-fourteen minute movie in an one-hundred-and-twenty minute slot. That would normally fit but as an Essential it had a long introduction and epilogue added to it so that it did not finish until slightly after the hour. Its interstitials then ran to the quarter-hour mark.

The night ran fine and you would have noticed nothing if the starting time for *Games* (1967) had been listed as: 10:15 PM (ET) because that is when its introduction began.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings