Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do we get information about future TCM programming?

misswonderly3

Yup, I already posted practically the same question in the "Information" forum. And got 2 replies. Thanks to those 2 nice people, but their suggestions weren't really what I was after.

I'm re-phrasing the question in "General Discussions" because that seems to be where the action is, and the most likely place to get a lot of responses. ( I feel I should explain why I'm posting basically the same thread here as I did last night in the "Information" forum.)

So my question is this: how do I find out stuff like future TCM programming themes and Star of the Month info? Yes, ok, I can click the current month to, say, December. And yes I'll get December's schedule. But say I'm in a hurry, and I just want to find out who the Star of the Month is and what the theme(s), focus, etc. for that particular month is. As far as I can tell, there's nothing that does that.

But there is, there has to be, so many people here seem to have that infomration. People are always starting threads about themes and stars being featured on TCM, several months into the future !

What tab or "button" or whatever do I click to get that?

Thank you all very much for your patience.

Edited by: misswonderly on Oct 28, 2012 12:20 PM

Funny, isn't there usually an army of tech-savy posters ready to rush in and offer advice when a "how do I navigate this website?" type question is asked?

Pretty please, folks - I don't care if this thread dies a natural death soon afterwards, but I just want to know how to find the information I seek first.

> how do I find out stuff like future TCM programming themes and Star of the Month info?

MsW,

I think Calvin has posted in other threads that he's not comfortable posting how he is able to find the schedule information prior to TCM officially posting the schedule.

He has posted that he worries that if reveals how he is able to do so, he that the powers that be may close off the secret door.

If I've misread his posts I'm sure someone will correct that.

Ok, but I'm not talking about "classified" information or anything.

For instance...regular TCM boards participant TopBilled found out who the Star of the Month for January is ( we all know by now it's Loretta Young), and started a thread about it. TopBilled did not get into "trouble" for pre-empting TCM's official announcement about it ( if they do such a thing...)

He/She ( sorry, TB, I do not know what gendre you are...not that it matters) somehow found out the January 2013 Star of the Month, and being a fan of Miss Young, started a thread about it. No problem, but what tab did they click to ascertain this?

And lots of people seem to know this kind of stuff a couple of months or so in advance of everyone else. Comment ? (this means "how?")

Edited by: misswonderly on Oct 28, 2012 1:59 PM

> TopBilled did not get into "trouble" for pre-empting TCM's official announcement about it ( if they do such a thing...)

I didn't mean to imply that anyone would get in trouble for posting future programming info that they find.

Calvin and TB are the two who are most successful at finding unpublished future programming information and posting it prior to TCM officially announcing it.

All I meant to say is that Calvin has posted that he is reluctant to share the information of how he uncovers the info.

However they find the initial info, they post it and then continue to add to their threads as they uncover new information. That leads me to think there is no secret tab to click on or a hidden place on the website where all this info is posted.

It sounds like it takes some old fashioned research skills and sleuthing on their part.

Again, I could be wrong.

*"(TB) somehow found out the January 2013 Star of the Month, and being a fan of Miss Young, started a thread about it. No problem, but what tab did they click to ascertain this?"* - MissW

They read this thread from 'calvinnme' - "Most Of The January 2013 Schedule"

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=166770&tstart=0

Any info about January programming will be discerned from reading through the listings in that thread - with the caveat that it is a "work in progress" and subject to change.

Other TCM info can sometimes be found on the "Movie News" page - but seldom is it about events three months in advance or more.

Fair enough. At least I know now that the majority of us are in the same boat ie, not knowing who or what TCM plans to schedule a few months in advance. No special link to click or anything ( just, as lynne says, patience and diligence and good research skills, I guess.)

Still: what about the upcoming month, not way off next year, but in a few days? Shouldn't there be some way to find out the star of the month for November, for heaven's sake?

Who is the SOTM for November, for that matter? or is it still in the works? ]:)

I can not speak to Star of the Month or themes but I have seen press releases which name Guest Programmers many months in advance.

Perhaps regularly searching for TCM's Press Releases will give some tidbits of information which one can use as a basis for searching for other information?

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}Thanks, Eugenia baby.

> And we all know who the Star of the Month for December is, don't we? ;)

*Months ahead? I know you can see the schedule months in advance if you go to "Schedule" and then "Full TCM Schedule" and go to "Day/Month" and move ahead the months you can see the daily schedule right up to December 27, 2012 (doesn't work with Canadian schedule, only Full TCM Schedule).*

In any case, it appears it takes some effort and work for Calvinnme, so you can try and ask by PM if he'll/she'll let you know his/her secrets...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings