Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Horrors of Stephen King

Janet0312

Interesting to know what my fave author likes to watch. I'm not particularly into horror stories, but am confidant that when I pick up a Stephen King novel, I know I will not only get a good story, but the grammar and punctuation will be spot on. There's a book club at work that likes to read werewolf and vampire stories, but the authors stink. Good for 16 year olds, I guess.

I belonged to a book club once. It lasted for only a few months. The books the women selected really didn't appeal to me. Then, I wanted to discuss them critically (but politely) -- and they just wanted to talk about how much they loved the books. Guess I don't play well with others. . .

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote}

> "Danse Macabre" is good. My biggest gripe about King( and not really HIS fault) is that movie makers rarely translate his books into movies very well.

The 1997 tv mini-series remake of THE SHINING is...IMHO...better than the 1980 Kubrick/Nicholson movie as far as how it tells the story. Possibly because King himself was directly involved in the production of the remake.

The second remake of CARRIE coming out next year (there was a 2002 tv movie already, as well as the original 1976 film) is still not portraying Carrie as she was written in the book: a somewhat homely and overweight girl.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings