Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Games" (1967): First time ever on TCM?...

Al_T_Publican

Good question, Al. Jimmy Caan was featured during the Summer Under the Stars in late August, and I can't remember if it aired then. Maybe someone else can tell us.

Checking the TCM database page, it does not look like it is coming up again in the near future:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/75956/Games/

I would keep an eye on the Encore schedules, since it is a Universal picture and there is the likelihood it could air on the Encore Suspense channel:

http://www.starz.com/search/Pages/encore.aspx?k=james%20caan

Also, you may want to periodically check the locatetv.com page for the film to see if it pops up on another venue:

http://www.locatetv.com/movie/games/612910

First time I'd ever seen it, and man, it was pretty cool!!! Kind of a sad ending in a way though...but it was a pretty downer flick overall, I thought. Still enjoyed it though!

Lots of twists and turns, but am I alone in wondering if there was gonna be just ONE more twist along the way before it ended?

i've seen this movie on the PLEX channel, and it's scheduled to air a couple of times every four months or so.

Games is a movie that i found deceptively tricky in a Vertigo kind of way. after seeing it on tv in the early 70s, i kept checking TV listings for a showing, but to no avail. finally it showed up on PLEX about a year ago.

my current quest is to find a showing of The Lost Moment w/Susan Hayward and Bob Cummings. the rights to that movie are now controlled by CBS, so i'm not holding out too much hope for a future broadcast anytime soon. but i keep looking and hoping.

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> Lots of twists and turns, but am I alone in wondering if there was gonna be just ONE more twist along the way before it ended?

I anticipated the deaths because of having watched *Deathtrap* (1982) soon before watching this movie the first time. I saw the possibility of one more death but there was no other character so strong as to be worthy of being last-man-standing.

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> > Lots of twists and turns, but am I alone in wondering if there was gonna be just ONE more twist along the way before it ended? I anticipated the deaths because of having watched *Deathtrap* (1982) soon before watching this movie the first time. I saw the possibility of one more death but there was no other character so strong as to be worthy of being last-man-standing.

I agree, though I would have taken some pleasure from seeing that particular character trumped in this instance! Which is why I was waiting for that one more twist, though it would have involved a lot of people in on it, though! But as it is, still a pretty wild flick!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings