Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ERROL23

Any Untouchables Fans?

Some TV Noir.Robert Stack plays Federal Agent Elliot Ness.Every episode he attacks Prohibition Era Mobsters Al Capone(Neville Brand)Frank The Enforcer Nitti(Bruce Gordon)and Jake Greasy Thumb Guzik(Nehemiah Persoff)Guest stars galore in this great series,William Bendix,Thomas Mitchell,Robert DuVall,James Caan,Vince Edwards,Jack Lord,Patricia Neal,Richard Conte,Sam Jaffee,Jack Warden,Lee Marvin,Joan Blondell Brian Keith,,Joseph Wiseman,Vic Morrow,Steve Cochran,Wendell CoreyJohn Marley,David Brian,Charles McGaw,,Carroll OConnor,Charles Bronson,DWarren Oates,Dan DaileyTom Tully,Rip Torn,Dane Clark,Frank Goshin,Michael Connors,etc

Scott Brady is a standout as reporter and WW1 hero Flyod Gibbons.(The Flyod Gibbons Story91962)

Some people who never made it on,Dan Duryea,Stephen McNally,,Everett Sloane,,Broderick Crawford,Ann Blyth,Dennis Hopper.,William Shatner,Raymond Burr,Richard Basehart,Ida Lupino,,(All were active in TV at the Time,Rawhide,Twilight Zone,Alfred Hitchcock,Route 66,etc

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 27, 2012 8:55 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 27, 2012 8:57 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 27, 2012 8:58 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 27, 2012 8:58 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 28, 2012 8:48 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 28, 2012 8:54 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Oct 28, 2012 8:55 PM

When a local station began showing it in the 70s I remarked that you's see everybody on it but Newman and Redford. A few weeks later RR shows up as a college kid trying to scam the mob.

MeTV ran it until last year and it was still one great show. I

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}

> MeTV ran it until last year and it was still one great show. I

Me-TV will be running four episodes of it on their Sunday Showcase tomorrow afternoon, April 7.

I had only had Me-TV added to my cable system early last summer and while I was enjoying watching the show, it was soon replaced by KOJAK which has never really been a favorite of mine. For me to put up with the endless catheter and life insurance commercials, I really have to want to watch a show on that channel. And don't get me started on Connie and Jack, the retired couple who travel the country in their gas-guzzling RV and have nothing to do but talk about how they saved a few dollars with their cell phone plan.

Alas, I don't have a DVR, so that isn't an option.

I do enjoy watching the Sunday late line-up from 12M and THE FUGITIVE through MR. LUCKY.

Yes, indeed!! I've purchased the first three seasons on DVD and really like it. I had never seen it before, and I really think it was well written and love the period atmospheres - the old cars and the old suits. Classic!!

I've got all 112 episodes of The Untouchables.I recorded them off Me-TV about a year ago maybe.After deleting all the Ads.in each episode,they run ~45 min.in length.A loss of ~5 min.off each ep.Doesn't matter to me though,i still like 'em!

MeTV is bringing it back starting Monday at 12:30 AM where it used to run. It's a bit late for me but if I'm awake I'll catch it.

Is the DVD quality good?

I'm a huge fan of history if the Chicago Outfit. It's fun to see this fictional account. The music and stories are fun. Not to mention the actors. I saw a young Robert Redford selling poisonous booze to college kids! Great show. Totally lacking any fact as fracas Ness goes but Stack is great.

My Personal Favorite.

Testimony Of Evil(1961)Elliot Ness(Robert Stack)is out to get political gangster Brian OMalley(David Brian)and his top henchman Henry Weiser(John Marley)Two of Omalleys gunmen George Davas(Johnny Seven) and Stan Wilinski(Jack Elam)agree to testify against the crooked political machine.

Davas is killed by a crooked cop and it looks like Omalley will go free.

Willinski tells Ness that their was a third witness in the OMalley case,Julie Duvall(Fay Spain)who Davas was in love with.Omalley and Weiser also find out about Julie and its a race against who will get to her first.

John Marley,of course,will be best remembered as the movie producer who found the horses head in his bed in The Godfather.

A favorite episode of mine is "The Element of Danger" (1962), in which Lee Marvin plays one of his patented nut jobs -- a violent guy who places himself in precarious situations because that's how he gets his kicks. I bought the DVD just for that performance.