Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The greatest movie about King Arthur!

skimpole

Last week Excalibur was on television, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail was shown at my local library. Since there was also a movie yesterday about King Arthur, what are your favorite movies about Arthurian legend? I suggest a three way tie between Excalibur, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Lancelot du Lac.

Interesting thread, skim.

I confess that I can watch NO version without thinking (and laughing) about the Pythons' version. So cheesy. So funny. So brilliant.

Consider adding to your list: "First Knight" (1995) and "Camelot" (1967).

> {quote:title=SonOfUniversalHorror wrote:}{quote}The PYTHON movie is my fave of all their movies, but EXCALIBUR is IMHO the greatest film ever made about King Arthur.

I'm a close second on that. There are Python movies I like as well or better, but *Excalibur* is the best. Great director, great cast.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}Here's a list of 112 titles for King Arthur, going back to 1909:

> http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002000/

>

> 126 titles for Robin Hood, to 1912:

> http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003908/

>

Now, Fred, where's the fun in that? You've, in essence, just listed all the titles, making every further post of a film irreverent. :)

>Now, Fred, where's the fun in that? You've, in essence, just listed all the titles, making every further post of a film irreverent

No, this is not a contest to see who can come up with the most movie titles. The OP says, "what are your favorite movies about Arthurian legend". Since nobody can ever remember every movie they ever saw, I made it easier for everyone by listing nearly every movie ever made on the topic. They can go through the lists and then name their favorite ones. :)

There is no question that my favorite is: *Camelot* (1967). It has great personality in showing how the King is thrust into situations not of his asking or making.

I like very much: *The Sword in the Stone* (1963). It is very down-to-earth and quite comic.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings