Some other Paramount titles scheduled for the 31 Days of Oscar include:

THE LOVE PARADE (1930) on February 19th

THE SMILING LIEUTENANT (1931) on February 19th

A FAREWELL TO ARMS (1932) on February 19th

DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944) on February 21st

GOING MY WAY (1944) on February 20th

A PLACE IN THE SUN (1951) on February 21st

ALFIE (1966) on February 21st

Soo looking forward to seeing Double Indemnity...have not seen it in years, wish TCM would show such movies like North By Northwest less often (not that I do not like it), just seems it is always on and other movies like Double Indemnity and such are rarely shown........Thank You for the Post! :)

This is really terrific news. I managed to see HOLD BACK THE DAWN on YouTube a couple years ago before it was taken down and was very impressed. So glad it will be playing on TCM.

For those of you in Southern California, you can also see HOLD BACK THE DAWN as part of UCLA's upcoming Mitchell Leisen series. It will be shown at the Billy Wilder Theater in Westwood on November 30th.

>For those of you in Southern California, you can also see HOLD BACK THE DAWN as part of UCLA's upcoming Mitchell Leisen series. It will be shown at the Billy Wilder Theater in Westwood on November 30th.

Thanks for mentioning the Leisen series. Great director. I hope people will be able to attend.

Great news ! Love, love, LOVE this movie. I have an old VHS I recorded off AMC eons ago, so the quality leaves something to be desired. Last time TCM broadcast it, my DVR died and I was without one for about 7 or 8 months. Looking fwd to recording anew. I love the backstory on this film also, about Boyer refusing to talk to a cockroach that is in his room near the film's beginning and Wilder and Brackett being so anoyed with him that they effectively had him pretty much written out of the final section of the film, so says Wilder in interviews.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings