Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sign Of The Cross (American Horror Story Asylum)

sfpcc1

Is anybody out there watching American Horror Story Asylum? This season's story is very extreme for regular cable TV. Briarcliff make the hospital in The Snake Pit look like a nice theraputic place to get well.

My question actualy has something to do with old movies. During a violent storm a view of Cecil B Demile's Sign Of The Cross is shown to the patients. I don't recall this film being shown on TCM in a few years. does anyone remember it being shown? (From what they showed of it it doesn't look like a movie to show to the unstable.)

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}PS: You need to keep in mind that when you are watching American Horror Story Asylum, you are watching a movie, not a documentary. :)

You are watching a tv episode...not a movie. "American Horror Story" is an anthology series, not a movie.

They've advertised it as "Asylum", but IMDB indicates the episode is actually titled "Welcome To Briarcliff".

I think the last time it was on TCM was for the Gay Images in Film festival back in 2007. Richard Barrios, who presented, discussed Claudette Colbert's asking one of her attendants to jump in the bath with her, but I don't think he mentioned Joyzelle's lesbian dance trying to woo Elissa Landi.

I love the movie -- it's so over the top.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> > You are watching a tv episode...

> LOL, I don't watch stupid trashy TV shows like that. :)

Then why would you say it was a movie when you don't know what it was since you didn't watch it?

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}PS: You need to keep in mind that when you are watching American Horror Story Asylum, you are watching a movie, not a documentary.

>Then why would you say it was a movie.....

Because I thought he was talking about a movie, since this is a movie message board, not a trashy soap opera TV show message board.

In the meantime I looked it up and it turns out to be a trashy TV show soap opera. :)

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}Why are you so grumpy tonight? Why are you being so rude to people here? Don't you have some homework to do before you go to bed?

Who's being grumpy and rude? I am simply pointing out and/or correcting incorrect/false information.

How dare you make that "homework" comment to me...I happen to be 52, FYI.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> Because I thought he was talking about a movie, since this is a movie message board, not a trashy soap opera TV show message board.

>

> In the meantime I looked it up and it turns out to be a trashy TV show soap opera. :)

...and all I said below was:

> {quote:title=SonOfUniversalHorror wrote:}{quote} You are watching a tv episode...not a movie. "American Horror Story" is an anthology series, not a movie.

>

> They've advertised it as "Asylum", but IMDB indicates the episode is actually titled "Welcome To Briarcliff".

>I didn't...I found it insulting.

That's why I asked you why are you so grumpy tonight. :)

You are on edge tonight and looking for things other people say that will give you an excuse to be insulted. You enjoy finding insults tonight where none exist. Just so you can fuss at people tonight. Shame on you. :)

Going to bed now to watch Storm in a Teacup (1937), with Vivien Leigh,

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings