Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

Cary Grant: Is he truly debonair?

I would say so. It's not what I think of when he comes to mind though. I'm not much into romance movies but I think he and Clark Gable are the best leading men in that genre. The problem with some romance movies is there seems a lack of spark between the two given parties. Both Grant and Gable make the love affair they're having interesting. And generally the various partners used (Claudette Colbert, Myrna Loy, etc.) are equally as entertaining. I think the fact that when they fall in love they become do so passionately.

Style, charm, grace, wit, humor, tremendous acting, incredibly handsome--debonair YES YES! of course!

If Cary Grant is on TCM-you know I'm not here-I'm watching him. I also have my own copies in case of a dry spell!

I think Archie is wonderful!

But he himself once said, he too wished he were Cary Grant, which leads me to believe that he was acting.

But what a great job he did....

Was he debonair in real life?

I'm getting tried of having my heart broken falling in love with these debonaire, charming, handsome leading man then reading biographies and finding out they really weren't so, they were good actors, huh?

Cary Grant said even he wish he was Cary Grant. I knew it was too perfect to be true.