Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't Think of the Movie...HELP!

funnyfreak

Here are the details that I seem to remember about the movie:

Black and white

I think the main male character is a cop/detective. There is a scene where he is being held in a motel/apartment. I seem to remember there is an old reel-to-reel/tape recorder sitting on the table in the middle of the room

The end of the movie has a man a woman trying to escape from someone, probably the police. They are hiding behind a building, and are thinking about making a run for the car. One of them does, but is shot right before they are able to make it there. I seem to remember another character then holding them in their arms as they are dying.

That's about all I can remember. For years I thought it was "Kiss Me Deadly" but once I rewatched that it was not it. I really thought it was the Mike Hammer character. Then I thought maybe The Big Sleep or The Big Heat, but neither of those. So, can someone come up with the answer?

The film you describe sounds like it might be *Pushover* (1954). The film stars Fred MacMurray and Kim Novak. Info @ [www.imdb.com/title/tt0047377|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047377] and you can check TCM database by typing Pushover in the upper right hand corner at the top of this page and click SEARCH. Hope that helps.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings