Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The vast majority of the 31 Days of Oscar - February and March 1-3

First, I don't like in an institution, never have. I am not a manipulator or the second coming of someone banned or whatever someone said, I made my first profile on October 21st. And second, I am not going to reveal my age, what does that have to do with anything? Do my responses sound childish? I'm not asking everybody else their ages.

Seeing as how you've asked. It is my feeling that some of your posts are a bit on the immature side. For example the way you continually asked calvinnme to tell you when the next months schedule would be posted and also what his secret as to how he got that info. You continued long after he told you he'd prefer to keep his secret to himself. An adult would understand and respect his feelings/thoughts.

Well, this is like the most we have ever heard about yourself.

All I can do is speak for myself. As far as I can tell, we are not trying to be rude, at least I am not as I think others are not either. When someone new comes along like yourself and starts asking the same or similar questions over and over without a let up, we get a little worried.

We wonder if the person could be a troll. We have seen our fair share over the years. Posters come along and sort of act the way you have acted in *some of your posts*. If they get questioned or are treated in a certain way they get defensive and just get a little more difficult to correspond with.

I can't speak for everyone here, all I can do is let you know what I am thinking, how is that? I think maybe some here feel as though they have treated you fairly and I probably can also say that you have been treated unfairly by some, maybe even me. But whatever the case we do want to be able to read what you have to say and to try and understand you better. This way we can communicate more easily with you instead of the unfortunate posts that have cropped up in the past few days. Many of us in the past have shared personal stories about ourselves. Like who we are, where we come from, what we do, how old we are, what we like and don't like, and so on.

Once we find out a little bit about the other person who we have decided to correspond with it makes it easier for us to understand what they really are like. Before they revamped the website here on each person's own user profile, there used to be more information that you could write down about yourself. But for some reason they did away with that. Don't know why. I thought it was a good way of letting people know a little bit about myself.

Many of us here do know something about one another. Some of us are really good friends, at least as far as cyber space is concerned. Many know the struggles of others here and have been nice enough to follow up with a personal message (PM) or two.

Take me for instance. My name is Rey (which is part of my handle). I have been writing since July of 2007. I am 52. Many others have been here much less time and yet have written three times as much as I have. My wife Annie and I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was employed as a graphic designer up until 23 months ago when I was laid off. Now I am in roofing sales and enjoying the work. My wife Annie and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary in October. We were both long time residents of Chicago (before departing in 2006 for work in Virginia Beach, Virginia). Annie is medically disabled. She writes about health issues online. I write about movie lists here and on the Silver Screen Oasis. In fact I started up a thread over on the Your Favorites forum entitled LISTS. I am very proud of that one. Many posters go there to list their favorite actors, writers, directors, movies and so on. It has been a lot of fun. I like John Wayne, Ronald Coleman, Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins and many, many other actors and directors. I am not into silents, and I really like Star Trek. Thats a little bit about me.

Basically we try to support one another here on the message boards. Unfortunately at times tempers and disagreements appear. Some are more level-headed than others where as some every now and again sort of lose it to a degree. I would probably be in that latter category.

So please don't think that we don't trust you. It's just that we don't really yet know you all that well. And when someone comes on here and starts questioning TCM and or tries to find out info the way you have at times, some of us get a little concerned. Some others really could care less. I care a little bit more. As do others.

So, if you feel like sharing anything about yourself, please do so. It's not like we are asking for your social security number or more classified information, just a little bit about yourself. I guess this is a way for us to get to know you a little better and truly find out what you really like and don't like.

And if you don't feel you want to share, then I guess that is okay too.

Thanks for reading this,

fxreyman

We love fiction films, that's about things being made up. I don't think anyone on this board uses his/her real name! But to answer your question about Rey -- I have no idea, but what he wrote has the ring of truth, at least to me. May we assume that Mike is your real name and 00 is your birth year? Obviously, you don't have to answer that, and if you do answer it, you don't have to answer it truthfully.

We come here to share opinions about movies and our love of movies, particular classic movies, and for most of us, "classic" tends to mean "old." We get into funny arguments sometimes, and sometimes politics rears its ugly head, which it is not supposed to do. Some of the people here (not me) seem to know more about the inner workings of TCM, but that's generally just conjecture; I don't think anyone apart from the moderator (also named Mike) really knows about what is going to be programmed too far in advance.

In any case, I hope you enjoy your stay here, whoever you are. Even if the threads here go off on tangents, the one thing all the posters have in common is a love of classic film; otherwise, there are plenty of other boards to go to.

Hey, I enjoy classic/old movies as well, what I said about more recent movies airing on TCM doesn't mean I don't enjoy the older stuff.

I hate to bring this kind of stuff up again, but does anybody know if TCM had ever aired the 1966 film Django, 1952's The Sniper and 1965's The Collector?

A troll doesn't equal a "master manipulator." People are giving Mike00 the benefit of the doubt - it's courtesy, that's not stupidity and it's worth pointing out when it's a good time to stop.

Now, will you actually provide any reason why we should keep responding to Mike00's adnauseum posts on the board? You sure haven't yet.

Does anybody know if the following movies have ever aired on TCM:

1976's My friends Need Killing

1972's The Offence

1967's The Night of the Generals

1975's Brannigan

1972's Frenzy

1949's Stray Dog

1958's The Haunted Strangler

1970's Bloody Mama

1968's The Bride Wore Black

1963's The List of Adrian Messenger

1958's It Happened in Broad Daylight

1976's Marathon Man

1972's Un Flic

I know it's a long list.

1972's The Offence

1975's Brannigan

1972's Frenzy

1949's Stray Dog

1970's Bloody Mama

1968's The Bride Wore Black

1976's Marathon Man

1972's Un Flic

I know it's a long list.

As JonasEB explained in his post to TopBilled, at some point the giving of the benefit of the doubt can only extend so far out.

JonasEB is correct. How long am I or anyone else going to engage you on your quest to give you answers you are seeking? The answer is this:

It stops now.

And the reason is crystal clear to me. If you are not going to share any information about yourself and it would seem on your very cryptic reply to me that you feel no need to disclose any information, then I do not have to answer any additional questions you may have.

> Why would you want me to share things about myself? There is really nothing interesting to share.

That answer says a lot about yourself in a mostly negative and selfish way. What you are saying is that "I am a private person who wishes only to get information I want and I really do not want to exchange ideas or thoughts with anyone else on a more personal level".

And if that is indeed where you are going after I extended my hand of friendship to you in my more than generous post to you yesterday, then I see no reason why I should waste anymore of my valuable time posting to you.

This choice can either have gone two ways. And for you it has gone the opposite direction, a path that will lead you with no friends here and worse not many answers.

> {quote:title=Mike00 wrote:}{quote}

> Does anybody know if the following movies have ever aired on TCM:

Well, there's no need to quote the entire list, especially since you put it up twice in seven minutes. I know about some of the titles, for example, THE BRIDE WORE BLACK has aired.

But if I told you that, then you're going to ask "when."

Then if I provide that answer, you'll ask me if I think it's going to run in 2013. But what's the point of that, you have as much access to the schedule in 2013 as I do and as everybody else does. Well, maybe calvinnme might be able to find it, but since you claim that you know how he does it, my thought is "look it up yourself."

So, you'll then pose the question of "Does anybody know if THE BRIDE WORE BLACK will air in 2013?" to the board in general. Since no one has the answers anymore than you do, you probably won't get any responses. That will in turn cause you to post to ask if anybody is paying any attention to you, probably more than once.

If someone does respond, you'll likely ask a variation on "Is that your final answer?"

You'll wait a week and come back to ask agaIn if THE BRIDE WORE BLACK will air in 2013. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Multiply the above by each film on your list and it's too great an exercise in futility. Does it really matter if something has run previously - it doesn't help you now. And if you haven't learned already that no one here has any inside info to offer (other than the aforementioned calvinnme who puts considerable investigation effort into his advisories), then what's the point in responding at all? In fact, what's the point in posing the question?

And when calvinnme does put up his March schedule info, I'm willing to bet that before you say "thank you," you'll be asking how long will it be before the April schedule is provided.

> {quote:title=TopBilled wrote:}{quote}

> I do not remember when THE SNIPER aired, but it is available on disc at Netflix.

I have it in my viewing log as having aired on June 22, 2009. I'm not certain that it's the last time that it aired, but it's the last time that I watched it.

Back to the original topic of this thread, since it's gotten waaaaaay off course with conversations about the possible identity of Mike - Man of Mystery and Few Words ...."Tales from the Lot" -airing on Feb. 2 at 7PM - is a documentary being released in 2013 on a couple of Blu collections released in celebration of WB's 90th anniversary. It is about the history of Warner Brothers, and I don't know what it will have new to say versus the other two documentaries I know about that are specifically about WB - "Here's Looking at You" and "You Must Remember This". I've seen them both and "You Must Remember This" is particularly encyclopedic.

> {quote:title=fxreyman wrote:}{quote}

> > Why would you want me to share things about myself? There is really nothing interesting to share. That answer says a lot about yourself in a mostly negative and selfish way. What you are saying is that "I am a private person who wishes only to get information I want and I really do not want to exchange ideas or thoughts with anyone else on a more personal level".

>

> And if that is indeed where you are going after I extended my hand of friendship to you in my more than generous post to you yesterday, then I see no reason why I should waste anymore of my valuable time posting to you.

>

> This choice can either have gone two ways. And for you it has gone the opposite direction, a path that will lead you with no friends here and worse not many answers.

Why are you assuming that his response is negative and selfish? What is so negative and selfish about it? You state that this board welcomes the exchange of ideas or thoughts on a more personal level yet opposing ideas or thoughts are more often then not met with vitriol and scorn, shot down as worthless by those who have more experience or inside knowledge, and mocked as the result of lazy research habits. Is that the kind of personal level you are referring to? The fact remains that aside from you and Kyle from Hollywood, I don't know anyone else's first names. If people wanted their names known they would not be using message board aliases.

I took away the ones people told me have aired on tcm before

1972's The Offence

1975's Brannigan

1949's Stray Dog

1970's Bloody Mama

1976's Marathon Man

1972's Un Flic

I know it's a long list.

1967's *The Night of the Generals* - yes

1975's *Brannigan* - yes

1949's *Stray Dog* - yes

1976's *Marathon Man* - yes

None of them are currently scheduled to air in the next three months.

I took away the ones people told me have aired on tcm before

1972's The Offence

1970's Bloody Mama

1972's Un Flic