Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LsDoorMat

The vast majority of the 31 Days of Oscar - February and March 1-3

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}Mike00 -

> That "power down" in December may mean that March or April line-ups show up a little later than usual too.

I believe the greatest delay is in the April schedules. The preliminary schedule for March 2012 was posted on December 3, 2011. The preliminary schedule for April 2012 was posted on January 27, 2012 which is fully two weeks later than normal.

I suspect this is because they must release schedules to the press two months before air date. It has been stated that a Now Playing guide must go to printers two months before date on issue as the reason why a subscription takes so very long to begin. This would mean releasing the March schedule on January 1 and so it must be completed before the holidays.

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}Oooooooooooooooh, Mike, you DO NOT SYA to hlywdkjk.

>

> You just do not.

>

>

> I take it back, you're not SOUH, you're some new thing.

>

> Looks like you're a great big candidate for 'ignore'.

>

> Unnnnnnnnn huh.

>

For those of us who don't use net shorthand to express themselves, can you explain what SOUH means? Thank you.

> {quote:title=Mike00 wrote:}{quote}So potentially the March Schedule could be up in the first week of December?

Why are you asking Mike? Since you say you know how I determine the schedule, why don't you post it yourself? After all, as you said, I am so lame.....

I think Mike said he finds your unwillingness to share your secret lame. Here is the quote:

*And Calvin won't share his secret of how he does it, which I find lame.*

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}Oooooooooooooooh, Mike, you DO NOT SYA to hlywdkjk.

>

> You just do not.

>

>

> I take it back, you're not SOUH, you're some new thing.

>

> Looks like you're a great big candidate for 'ignore'.

>

> Unnnnnnnnn huh.

>

You crack me up, wbf25 :^0

> Do you know what SOUH means?

It looks like SOUH is willbe's shorthand for poster, SonofUniversalHorror. (SOUH).

> {quote:title=Mike00 wrote:}{quote}Who the **** are you to judge me?

Mike, just ignore both willbefree and RaquelVixen. They're both nothing but bullying and antagonizing troublemakers. I've seen NOTHING wrong at all with your posts....but those two persons are simply using you as an excuse to stir up trouble, especially willbefree.

The only thing I said to Mike was what did SOUH mean because a poster called him that. There is no rancor between Mike and I.

My comment previously was in reference to those who make a concerted effort to avoid responding to a direct question posed by me to them. Apparently, I am beneath them. It's very common with certain posters who are full of hubris. So I decided to have a conversation with myself. Do you have a problem with that?

I think you are ratcheting up the hostility by telling Mike to ignore me.

> {quote:title=Mike00 wrote:}{quote}No, I don't know what SOUH means.

>

>

>

> Calvin, so you are admitting that's how you determine the schedule?

What I said is called "sarcasm", Mike.

As I've said before, I wish to keep my secret to myself. I just found it humorous that in one sentence you found it lame that I wouldn't tell you how I do it and in the very next sentence you claim to know how I'm doing it. That's all. I must admit I admire your persistence.

I honestly don't know why it is such a big secret, would you get in trouble for telling me or someone finding out how you do it?

I said I would not tell anyone.

> {quote:title=Mike00 wrote:}{quote}I honestly don't know why it is such a big secret, would you get in trouble for telling me or someone finding out how you do it?

>

> I said I would not tell anyone.

Why don't you give it a rest? calvinnme has stated several times he's not going to tell you. You remind me of a poster who not to long ago got a bee in his/her bonnet about TCM & true HDTV. Asking the same question in a myriad of ways, and continuously doing so, is becoming irritating.

I will now mind my own business.

Mike, I'm going to attempt to give the best summation of advice on your varying dilemmas here in the past two weeks...

Schedules - It's nice to know what's going to be on TCM so far ahead but at the end of the day we don't need to know so soon. If the feature disappeared, it wouldn't be a big deal. If March suddenly popped up today, you'd probably want to know what's going to happen in April tomorrow (still here in November!) All of this stuff shows up in due time, on the clock. Patience.

There's no need to obsess over how calvinnme gets the early schedule information. If he wanted to tell you, he already would have, so you should stop asking.

Infernal Affairs and Post-1970 films on TCM - You can't rely on TCM for this stuff, you shouldn't. You should either buy DVDs & Blu-rays like most of us, get Netflix, or get some more movie channels like most of us do (and a lot of us now have to pay for those premium channels to get TCM.) If you're unwilling to pay, your options are going to be limited.

Is Mike starting to sound like a broken record...is that what the problem is?

We're lucky to get the TCM schedule three months in advance. Encore publishes about a month in advance and so does the Fox Movie Channel.

I think Mike should get FLIX. That channel specializes in classics from the mid-1960s and after.

What I like about FLIX is that it sometimes has some excellent films from the Paramount library, and TCM does not seem to focus on airing much of the Paramount titles.

JonasEB, you are right, it is nice to know. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth, seriously.

I would rather wait for the schedules than not have them appear at all.