Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Election Day - VOTE!

hlywdkjk

I plan to do so as soon as I finish my morning meal. This year marks 40 years of voting for me and I've never missed an election in any year. This is a responsibility that I take seriously as a citizen.

I always urge people to vote. Even if you don't care for either of the candidates. In every major election, there are proposals, propositions and incentives on the ballot that have more of an immediate and direct impact on your lives than anything the man elected president might do has. Not to mention several senate candidates, judges, congressmen and state representatives, depending on the state in which you reside.

In a short while, I'll be on my way to the polls.

Sepiatone

{font:}Picture yourself at home sitting in your chair or a couch in your living quarters. Its 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time. You voted for your candidates and ballot questions. Are you going to watch the election results or Constance Bennett movies? {font}

{font:}I am going to watch Constance Bennett movies. After Robert Osborne's final remarks I will switch over to check out the election returns, then come back for Robert's introduction to the next movie. I might have the radio on in the background very, very low.{font}

Today was my first experience with a scanned paper ballot. It was also the first time that I ever voted in something other than a school site. I had to go to the rec room of one of the co-op buildings in my complex.

We have returned from the voting station. Capuchin offered to let me mark his ballot since we are alike in our thinking. I believe he wanted only to get me into a booth. :) It is sad to say there were no booths. There were cardboard partitions between places at a long table and I had to stay behind a line on the floor away from those who were voting.

It is a strange feeling for me to not vote.

I voted at a Salvation Army building. I was there at seven when the place opened. It took me about a hour to vote. They needed more parking.

(Funny you always hear about the Salvation Army but what about the Salvation Navy. Okay I ripped that off George Carlin.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings