Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Snorkel

wouldbestar

:D This is the movie I referred to when Betta St. John was mentioned on a thread. It was a nice treat being reintroduced to it after fifty years and was better than I remembered. I was up most of the night as were a lot of other folks and nearly missed it; as usual Florida's count is messed up. At least we're not holding up the national results this time. As one of our local columnists ends his articles "That's all I'm saying".

I have watched only the first few minutes and I have high hopes for it because I like complex caper movies. I do not know any of the actors well but the description in the guide made it sound as if it were worth recording for when I have time to watch it.

I am very familiar with Peter Cushing and Andre Morell. They were really popular British actors, particularly Cushing. He was in a lot of horror type movies. Actually, I think he was on over the week-end in The Hound Of The Baskervilles, playing Sherlock Holmes. I recognize a lot of the other faces, but the names are not as familiar as Cushing's and Morell's. Quite frankly, the British do this type of movie so well - you can always rely on it being a really good story. They are so good at suspense. They are so good at any type of movie!

SansFin, yes I was referring to Cash On Demand. I have not seen The Snorkel and I, like you have seen the cast names but am not familiar with any of their work as well as the movie itself. If you haven't seen Cash On Demand, I would recommend it. It was very good. Sorry for the mix up.

Mimi

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}:D This is the movie I referred to when Betta St. John was mentioned on a thread. It was a nice treat being reintroduced to it after fifty years and was better than I remembered.

I hadn't seen it before, and really enjoyed it. The ending was perfect. I was able to predict a lot of it, a few minutes before things happened. I don't consider that 'predictable,' just good foreshadowing.

> I was up most of the night as were a lot of other folks and nearly missed it; *as usual Florida's count is messed up.* At least we're not holding up the national results this time. As one of our local columnists ends his articles "That's all I'm saying".

That's why I call your capitol "Tally-hassle." :)

Regarding this "intentional pun" "That's why I call your capitol "Tally-hassle".

Val, I have no defense as can any other rational person in this state.

I'm glad you liked the movie. This shows good movies don't need a huge budget to be good just people with pride in their work; I doubt that many pounds were spent on this one.

Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the defensive. I just saw an opening to use what I consider one of my better puns. But, hey, your Gov. says he's going to investigate the problem... :D

My biggest disappointment with *The Snorkel* is that TCM didn't list it as being shown Letterboxed, so I recorded it on TCM SD, rather than TCMHD. Maybe they'll show it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked her. I liked the fact that she was pragmatic enough to stop trying to convince others of the truth, so she could stay out of the loony bin. I also like that she decided that she couldn't leave the bad guy there to die a horrible death, and told the police where he was. And, I like that she wasn't so self righteous that when she finally could have proved that she was right to her friends, that she didn't bother.

Addendum: If you knew that one man had killed both your mother and father, and no one realized it, just how do you think you would act?

Edited by: ValentineXavier on Nov 24, 2012 8:45 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings