Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's got your heart? (A male and female question)

bhryun

I'll have to say Flynn does at the moment. I like his eyes, his character, and his little mustache. SO ADORABLE! Anyone else agree or disagree?

If I were a man, I'd say my heart belonged to Bacall and Lizabeth Scott. Does any man disagree? I'm sure you do. But who do you like?

Ladies and gents, may I present this topic to you from the liveliest organ in my body which readily disagrees with my head... my heart. May you keep this topic going, and reveal the ones who stole your heart from those decades ago. Whether it was their smile, their walk, or... whatever it was that turned us on about them. May they live on here!

I welcome you, one and all, to this topic for I couldn't help fall for the swashbuckling hero, the Robin Hood of my dreams, Errol Flynn.

I've said it before, but Paul Newman. Of course the eyes, but also the cocky smile, just about everything. I watch The Long Hot Summer and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and fall in love every time.

As for the women, I would say Bergman, Bacall, and K. Hepburn (although I love Audrey as well). Doesn't matter what I see them in, even there worst movies, they always make things worth seeing.

For the ladies there would be 2 : Judy Garland, just for her voice and her personality. I love watching and listening to her on screen. And Vivien Leigh is definitely up there as well, for her beauty and her brilliant performances.

I have been watching quite a few Errol Flynn movies lately, and I can see why he had such appeal to men and woman, so he is up there for me. But I would have to put Burt Lancaster on the top of the lisr, he just exploded on screen. He needs to be "re-discovered" someday.

Dick Powell stole my heart. His voice does something to me. It gets deep within me and just can stop my heart and makes me all warm. He gives me goosebumps. I never get tried of listening to him. His charm, youthful boyish looks are handsome, his humor, just great. I love him to death.

As far as female, Nina Mae McKinney stole my heart 3 years ago. Her role in Hallelujah stays in my heart. Her beauty, energy, vivaciousness, full of life, sex appeal, youth is something I envy. She's one of my favorite actresses and because of her she introduced me to a great era of classic movies and entertainment.

Ruby Keeler's sweetness got my heart. The sweetest woman in movie history. Ann Sheridan is another favorite. She's just a natural, loveable actress. She can make the dulliest movie watchable.

Watching CAPTAIN BLOOD, I'm reminded of a remark Basil Rathbone made in his bio on working with Olivia de Havilland on that film: "You couldn't possibly imagine a more enchantingly beautiful young girl." She gets my heart.

As anybody who has seen CAPTAIN BLOOD, ROBIN HOOD, or any of those films she did with Flynn, will probably agree. She also happened to be a fine actress, even at an early age and with just a little stage experience behind her.

Neil

"Watching CAPTAIN BLOOD, I'm reminded of a remark Basil Rathbone made in his bio on working with Olivia de Havilland on that film: "You couldn't possibly imagine a more enchantingly beautiful young girl." She gets my heart.

"As anybody who has seen CAPTAIN BLOOD, ROBIN HOOD, or any of those films she did with Flynn, will probably agree. She also happened to be a fine actress, even at an early age and with just a little stage experience behind her."

Neil, I think you're absolutely right. I watched Dodge City the other night, and I was amazed by Olivia. She was only about 22 in the film, in 1938, and the following year, everybody knows what happened...

hollyholt1986: Agree about DODGE CITY--and how she was always able to make so much more out of those ingenue roles with Flynn than was in the script. Her Abbie Irving in that one was a delight. Always so much expression in her eyes.

And yes, I did see THE MALE ANIMAL although it's not one of my favorites. I thought she was photographed even more flatteringly in IN THIS OUR LIFE with those huge close-ups of her reactions to Bette Davis' tantrums!

Robert Donat loved him in "Mr. Chips" & 39 Steps he just

makes me swoon! Can't wait to see the movie "The Ghost goes West"...Also John Garfield in body & soul, Four Daughters where he makes is cinema debut! "The postman

always rings twice" "Humorques" oops my spelling! But you know who i mean. Also Pricilla Lane in everything

that she did in films love her, love her, love her....

lolite.

My first thought was of the musical Thousands Cheer with Gloria De Haven, June Allyson and Virginia O'Brien singing "In a Little Spanish Town". I figure I can have three at once since it's a fantastic question to begin with.

And if I were a lady, I guess Robert Mitchum. Is he considered attractive by the opposite sex?

By the way to sgrayson429, you probably already are aware of this fact, but just in case

*Peck's "Atticus Finch" was voted #1 all-time movie HERO in "AFI's 100 years...100 Heroes/Villians"-(2003 special)

Ironically, he passed on only about 2 weeks later!

For me, lady-(actress)is gone-(though not while film stock is there of course)

& of our rather sad movie era:Michelle Pfeiffer-(1957-)-(however, not in same league as former)

I now Antar's immediate reply on this question

Hedly Lamarr, I mean Hedy!-(soory, a bit of Mel Brooks slipped in there)