Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's got your heart? (A male and female question)

I know this isn't in the way you meant it - but he certainly has my heart. I've mentioned in other threads that I never had a 'good' father figure and I've always wished I'd had a dad like what I imagine Claude Rains was - so the man is VERY special to me - and he definitely has my heart. I adore him! :-)

You all need to watch Guy Madison in Till the End of Time TCM rarely shows it. It's about returning vets after W.W.II. It will be shown on 10/06 at 5:00 AM ET. Set your Tivo! Robert Mitchum is also in the film, along with underrated Dorothy McGuire. Madison will grab your heart, I am sure.

I believe ya'll are still on the topic, and I decided to join in.

It is difficult for me to decide between the two, William Powell and Cary Grant. But, after much thinking on the topic, I believe my heart goes to Cary Grant. Something about him, every movie I see him in, every kiss he gives that lucky gal, I just can't help but admire him.

Anyway. That is who's got my heart, and it probably won't change ^.~

Cowbtony-I wish I had Tivo, but I am unfortunate enough to not have it. But I will try to remember it. Or write something about it for me. Its worth a watch ^.~ even if it is at 4 AM my time...0.0 I might set the VCR haha.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many people I love, but if I had to pick....

When it comes to the men, I adore Jimmy Stewart, Robert Mitchum, and lately I've become a little obsessed with Robert Montgomery!

As for the ladies, I think Jean Harlow is so sweet and loveable, Clara Bow is terrific, I really admire a lot of Norma Shearer's pre-Code characters, and I want to be just like Carole Lombard!

I know it's a pretty long list, but this is as condensed as I can get! :-)

Those who have completely stolen my heart are James Cagney and Gary Cooper. Odd combination. Laid-Back vs. High-Strung. lol.

Of female actresses...most definitely Jean Arthur.

Others who come very close to my heart are: John Wayne, Dana Andrews, Steve McQueen...and many more.

I completely forgot to mention Deanna Durbin! She was one of Universal's greatest musical stars and I really wish she would get as much recognition as Judy Garland does.

Also, thanks getoverit718--I came back here to add Deanna Durbin to my list and I saw you mentioned James Cagney and Gary Cooper--I feel so bad that I forgot them! I loved James Cagney in "Footlight Parade!"

I've always had a soft spot for Clark Gable. Actually, just read Errol Flynn's autobiography and boy does that man think. Or thought. He was quite handsome and was in love with Olivia de Havilland. I wish I had been her! LOL. Humphrey Bogart seems like a father figure, well, at least to me. I know how weird that must sound! If I was a man (which I'm not), I'd say my heart would belong to Jean Harlow, Ginger Rogers, or perhaps Grace Kelly? Even though I am a girl, I love Jean Harlow. Who doesn't?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if other women feel the same way or if I am just weird. But I have always had a soft spot for Charlie Chaplin, or at least the Little Tramp. I think he is cute but its more just that the character is so endearing. I would go for him in a heartbeat.

I've had a not-so-secret crush on Jean Simmons since college. Her performance in Spartacus did me in, and Guys and Dolls firmed it up. I love her understated acting style and the dark looks vs. good girl charm.

If I was a chick, I'd totally be into Paul Newman. He might be pretty, but he's always had a natural ruggedness to him, a real loner quality. My wife thinks he still looks great, even clocking in at 80.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re;

William Holden in all of his films LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING and PICNIC are my two special favorite Holden films .Bill was manly , intelligent and often cynical but not afraid to show he could be sweet, gentle, sensitive, tender and vulnerable.

Bill`s humanity-his inate understanding of human frailities , immense compassion/sympathy and the "human heroism" shown by himself as a man and the characters he portrayed touch my heart in a very special way.

golden4178

(Lorraine)